PC2 Review Thread

It's less biased than the others I've read/seen, as expected, and doesn't come from a position of deep ignorance of the subject matter.

I don't think you can possibly say it's less biased than other independent reviews. That's wrong. Can you link to a biased review anywhere? :rolleyes:
Yes you can say other outlets may review from ignorance of the subject matter but PRC is now a talking piece for SMS so obviously biased. That's why I am taking it with a pinch of salt and waiting for the good sim racer folks here to give it a once over and a good solid and honest review. You surely can't argue with that? ;):thumbsup:

That's why I am taking it with a pinch of salt and waiting for the good sim racer folks here to give it a once over and a good solid and honest review.
You're assuming honesty where confirmation bias rules.

Like they did with F1 2017? The very shitcade game PRC declared The Benchmark and everyone applauded by praising the incremental improvements and ignoring the many faults?

And did you really ask me to consume gaming journalism content a second time to find precise bias? What did I ever do to you?

I hope you didn't understand my comment about "biased reviews" to mean they are paid off or something shady, but they simply follow trends and repeat what they've heard about a subject they don't know. Perhaps that falls more into the ignorance category?
"iRacing is the most realistic/best..."
"Project CARS was already great..."
and all that talk about "simcade", a word representing some illusory point on a non-defined spectrum. These are biases toward what is right and what is wrong in a racing game, and it's never explicit. I guess I make a distinction between such biases and simple preferences that are easy to spot or understand, but they're really all different kinds of biases, so you're right.

Your pinch of salt comment makes me think that someone is expected to read a review and be convinced of something. PRC is one source of information among others, but because 90% of the others are worth close to zero, his voice comes out on top, SMS employee or not. I was expecting him to go much more in depth, actually. I think he got shy.

Ive always found the best review is done by yourself....and with a 2hr refund on steam you really have no excuse ;)
If your already on the fence and waiting for others reviews to help make your decision your most likely just gonna look for the negatives. :whistling:
Knowing that there is no perfect racing sim on the market iam not expecting a 10/10 rating feedback.
I am more focused on features and fixing issues from the past edition.
From the dozens of previews/reviews/footage ive watched to date ive heard far more positives than negatives and that its alot better than pc1....so thats a start!
A majority of issues I found in pc1 look to have been addressed.
Ffb....subjective....wasnt that great in pc1 but I was able to use the info to get around the track...my biggest gripe was lack of lateral/rear detail and seems to be updated and reworked.
The FFB menus have been simplified which is great.
The majnetic car contact fixed.
Audio has been reworked and individual sliders added for customization.
Ai has been improved.....theres simply not a replacement to racing humans so i am not gonna worry too much as no sim has perfect ai. Period.
Regarding shadow flickering....personally ive had issues in pretty much every title tho from the footage ive watched ive only really noticed the issue in replays....not a big deal for me as i rarely watch them and dont make videos but i can understand it may bother some.
I am most excited about the live track 3.0 and racing any vehicle in any weather/track and season in a 24hr cycle all in one game. No more loading up other games to get my dirt fix or winter racing!
The race customization and setting up servers looks very good and onpar with titles like rf2.
The only negative ive come across so far is that the mp ranking system wont be fully implimented at launch.
One feature I would really like to see one day.....is a marketplace and club/clans added like they did in Forza 4....start a club with clan tag infront of your player name in mp. Share tunes and paints within your club, stat tracking etc.
Anways i am looking forward to trying it on fri and making my own decision :)

The GM review is one of the best so far as he covers almost all the good and bad plus the live stream Jimmy and GM did was epic if you watched Jimmy's stream, they had way to much fun for a sim but its was odd they both had ffb issues at around the same time with their wheels and they both use the same direct drive wheel i think.

I like it so far, much better than PC1.....few bugs but nothing game breaking and cant be fixed with a patch. Love the rally stuff and the Live track 3.0 tech!!!
FFB is improved (subjective)
Sound is better....no raceroom
Looks great and so far performs well on my old i7 2600 with 970.
Granted pretty much is just running base settings as I just wanted to get my wheel setup and drive incase i needed to hit the refund button lol
From what ive experienced so far I like what I see and feel it worth keeping and see where they go with it. :)

Last edited:
AI is very inconsistent in general as stated by reviews also everytime i start nordschleife huge crash first corner, ai seems to be worse in rain. External view sounds (tv cam) is just like pcar1 ok maybe a little better but still sounds awful! Car cockpit sounds range from terrible to decent overall. Pop-in of objects is noticable in the distance.
----
Multiplayer has no matchmaking, well i was expecting set calender races every hour or so you can sign up for. (the iracing rival?) No ping limit for servers ...

k back to playing
---
Edit: AI at Road America is extremly inconsistent, ai crashes during formation lap + movements are so weird. The Ford GTE is fantastic WOW

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years