Review: Leo Bodnar Logitech G25/G27/G29 pedal & H-shifter cables

Leo Bodnar to the rescue! When I replaced my Logitech G25 with a Fanatec ClubSport Wheel v2, I wanted to keep the Logitech pedals (stiffer springs with rubber snubber brake pedal) and H-shifter (because it has a nice low profile with extra buttons).

Ordering from my location on the USA west coast was easy and the slow, cheap shipping got the goods here in about 7 business days. Plug the cables in and everything works.

Well, sort of works. First item is you notice if you use them right away is that the G25 potentiometers are noisy at the upper & lower ends of the range with 10-bit resolution (1024 steps) instead of the original 8-bit resolution (256 steps) -- pedals don't start/stop their range smoothly and the H-shifter pops between gears.

Ah, but that's just a reminder you need to run the calibration software! Yes, indeed, Leo Bodnar supplies calibration software on their web site, downloads available on a tab for each product at http://leobodnar.com/shop. Unfortunately, the software doesn't appear to have any instructions, so it took me a little time to figure it out and about 20 minutes to calibrate both devices to my satisfaction.

Once calibrated, everything works very well, though you won't really have 1024 steps with these pedals. To be clear, you'll have higher than 8-bit resolution! My brake pedal now has 600 steps (rubber snubber takes away much of the range) and the throttle has 980 steps. The H-shifter is reliable after calibration.

Great little review :cool: Good to know the Leo Bodnar pedal and shifter adaptors work well. Will have to remember to download the calibration software once my order arrives... Waiting on a reply from APelectrix about a load cell, which I know to work with the Bodnar adaptor.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back