Reverse Grids will not work.

After watching Hungarian GP where Lewis stayed out on Intermediate tires. And the rest of the cars pitted for slicks in pit-lane. So Lewis was last at 14th place (other cars eliminated by a pile up on lap 1) He went to 3rd place. Yes he struggled to pass cars as a front runner he will have slightly less wing. Better for line speed. And back markers have a little more for passing and to make up for lack of Airo and power. This proves reverse grids will not work. Lewis car was so fast and had the fastest lap of the race and that helped him mouve forwards.
Proving reverse grids don't work its just pulls more out of the driver. Lewis was falling apart on podeom and naturally drained after the race.

Well, an Alpine won in front of an Aston Martin, backmarkers got points, too. The race fightback from Lewis was interesting, the defending of Alonso was interesting. Hell, even Schumacher, who had no chance, had a few interesting wheel-to-wheel scenes.

It could work imo.

Well, an Alpine won in front of an Aston Martin, backmarkers got points, too. The race fightback from Lewis was interesting, the defending of Alonso was interesting. Hell, even Schumacher, who had no chance, had a few interesting wheel-to-wheel scenes.

It could work imo.
lol I was just thinking how penalties are not the same. Put Lewis back behind 15 cars and he passes almost all of them with little effort due to his combination of superior car and driver skill. Put an Alpine or Mclaren behind 15 cars and they might get thru half of them. So the penalty, is not so much of a penalty to a driver & team like Hamilton as it would be for Riccardo or Stroll.

lol I was just thinking how penalties are not the same. Put Lewis back behind 15 cars and he passes almost all of them with little effort due to his combination of superior car and driver skill. Put an Alpine or Mclaren behind 15 cars and they might get thru half of them. So the penalty, is not so much of a penalty to a driver & team like Hamilton as it would be for Riccardo or Stroll.
If an Alpine gets halfway through a 15 car field it would be P7-P8 - not too unusual for an Alpine. And a podium isnt unusual for a Mercedes, so whats your point?

Ultimately they still end up in roughly the same position, maybe a few positions further down the field.

I'd say that traditional Grand Prix racing like formula 1 shouldn't have reverse grids because the point of the Grand Prix is to find out which competitor (driver + team) performed the best on that track, and reverse grids act directly against that format

If an Alpine gets halfway through a 15 car field it would be P7-P8 - not too unusual for an Alpine. And a podium isnt unusual for a Mercedes, so whats your point?

Ultimately they still end up in roughly the same position, maybe a few positions further down the field.
The point of a penalty is to PENALIZE someone. With his car & talent, Lewis can pretty much drive through the field like it's a Sunday afternoon drive. Tell me how either Vettel or Ocon would have withstood him had Alonso not done such a masterful job of blocking? How do you penalize someone who so overmatches the rest of the field so that a Penalty is merely an inconvenience, not a penalty?

The point of a penalty is to PENALIZE someone. With his car & talent, Lewis can pretty much drive through the field like it's a Sunday afternoon drive. Tell me how either Vettel or Ocon would have withstood him had Alonso not done such a masterful job of blocking? How do you penalize someone who so overmatches the rest of the field so that a Penalty is merely an inconvenience, not a penalty?
You didnt read my comment, did you? I understood your concern, but by the way you are argumenting, an Alpine of Aston wont get as much forward as a Mercedds. You criticise that this is unfair. I say, its not: The Mercedes is the better car and of course is able to regain more positions - although not the same position as it could have had. Same for the Alpine/Aston: they would have ended up in the wofse top 10 positions, which for this race, is not that impressive but concidering the circumtances, is fair enough.

You didnt read my comment, did you? I understood your concern, but by the way you are argumenting, an Alpine of Aston wont get as much forward as a Mercedds. You criticise that this is unfair. I say, its not: The Mercedes is the better car and of course is able to regain more positions - although not the same position as it could have had. Same for the Alpine/Aston: they would have ended up in the wofse top 10 positions, which for this race, is not that impressive but concidering the circumtances, is fair enough.
I did understand your post, and I agree with your conclusion, but I'm lost in thought, ruminating, how to really penalize someone as good as Lewis. He has become like Lebron or Jordan in the NBA, No referee would call either of them for charging when a younger, less stellar player is blocking their path to the basket. And while Lewis IS being disciplined, it is just not severe enough to deter further aggression.(which should be the entire point of the discipline)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%