Rev limit in HistorX

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
Just a quickie...
What is the optimal rev value to change gears in HistorX? The pdf advises you use the cars power value. So for the Alfa Romeo GTA this is 115kw@7500. Therefore I have been changing up at 7500 rpm. However I just noticed in the garage under 'General' it says the rev limit is 9500 rpm.

If I was to use 9500 it would mean changing the gearing in my set ups. Is that too high to change up? What do you lot advise?

Thanks in advance.
:p

OK I just figured it out myself. The rev limit is different to the power value. The rev limit is the maximum revs the engine will take, the power value is the revs at which the engine reaches its max bhp (in other words the ideal upshift point).

OK I just figured it out myself. The rev limit is different to the power value. The rev limit is the maximum revs the engine will take, the power value is the revs at which the engine reaches its max bhp (in other words the ideal upshift point).
Sorry, didn't see this earlier. The cars have no rev-limiter at all, so i guess the rev figure is indeed the maximum revs the engine will do/take.
On most cars it's best to shift about 500-1000rpms above the power figure although 1000 can be a bit optimistic already, i'm usually shifting 500-800rpm above.

Sorry, didn't see this earlier. The cars have no rev-limiter at all, so i guess the rev figure is indeed the maximum revs the engine will do/take.
On most cars it's best to shift about 500-1000rpms above the power figure although 1000 can be a bit optimistic already, i'm usually shifting 500-800rpm above.

Thanks I will try upshifting later. A bit worried about blowing my engine though. :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%