Rev counter Screen position

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to find a way of changing the rev counter position in my screen.
The default its all to the left... in my 40" screen is difficult to keep eyes on the road :D
Is there a way to change its position?
Thanks in advance!

I already asked this question, I don't remember when, but I got twice a negative answer !

Mine is on the right but same problem, center would be perfect for me like it was possible in GTR2.

It takes a while but you can learn to see it even though you're looking ahead and it's off to the right.
Astronomers use this trick when they're looking for very faint objects in the night skies, it's called "averted vision" and once you start using it you'll see that it's very easy to pick up the clues that you're looking for, I mean, you really don't need the number, you might be looking for the band to change to yellow or red or be holding out for the gear number to turn red, especially if you're headed up a hill, but there's no "specific" information that you need from the tach. Well, you might want specifically, the speed at the end of a long straight to check gearing but you can actually LOOK for that at the end of your last lap.

Ultimately, you'll be doing enough laps that you find a rhythm in your lap and you'll be shifting at specific places around the track. These spots you will know and remember. You will probably end up having several "option" shift points because you seldom do the same caliber of lap each time round.The color changes that you see coming from the tach will just be confirming what you already know. The road is much more important, no one watches the tach!

I have to concur with Dennis in that using your peripheral vision to see the tach is a lot easier to keep your line and see what you need to see. The main thing you are looking for from the tach is shift points anyways and there are color changes that make it easy to see without looking directly at the tach.

Hadn't thought that it could avert your attention away if it's too close to the track.. Haven't tried the center tach since gt4. A friend of mine, who drives mostly rally titles, strips every info from screen to help him concentrate better. I in the other hand, have all the info i can think of... The digital tachometer would be great in the middle but then again that shows the revs much better in periferal, too bad i can't get use to it. A simple red light in the bottom center i guess would be perfect.

But to the original question, have you tried te digital tachometer, it shows the red zone much better but then you loose speed info..

Why? Because you are not use to it?

Check the original question first.. If someone feels he needs the tach, removing it would be pointless.. i don't use it that often, mostly during setup to find the best rev range. And as a musician i can easily hear pretty minute changes in RPM... But this is veering off-topic.

It would be great to have it positioned anywhere you like.. Up rightside corner would be great place for it too as you don't need the sky so much as you need that bottom right corner. It sometimes blocks the view from track in the place you really would need it.

I guess it could be modded, anyone up for a challenge?

But you can't move it and he said that he has a problem to keep his eyes on track. So in my opinion is better to switch it off and focus on the road. Maybe he would be faster without it. I don't understand why simbin didn't make it movable across the screen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back