F1 2017 Rev counter and updated physics.

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

In some screenshots here, I see a rev counter in the bottom right corner.
Nice; I want that! ;) But how?
In that place, there is only a hud where I scroll through for the power settings, tyre state and so on; no rev counter.

Also, as I like modding in my old game; new to this, I started looking at what is possible. Now I found the physics file in "assets groups" and took out the Red Bull.erp, changed the engine to see if I had the right file and I did.
Now I gave it a lot more power so it would be obvious if it was changed or not.
I drove faster, but my mate Ricciardo did not.
As I said; new to this..... Is it so that those files are only for the player? Are there other files for the AI?

Anyway; new to this game is not to say I don't know about physics. I've spend years on my old game and "studied hard". (Its also my day job on more than one level.)
Now I thought the performance for the player was a little weak and I changed a few things.
As you see the power lines in the files, there are weird, uneven and big steps to go by. I changed it into smaller, structured steps so it would be more "fluent" (as the game steps from 6000 rpm to 9000 rpm for instance and in between there's no powerset;the game has to go linear).
So I changed it into a lot of smaller steps and changed more, like tyres.
No big changes in values; not more than 5% on everything.
But all those smal steps, make it "just nicer".

Now the big question; is it something guys would want to use?
Should I upload it when its finished?
Should I warn that it doesn't work online (maybe?)
Because thats the other thing; I work on my computer and don't go online. What file changes have what to do with being able to: go online, save game, other things I should warn for?

Thanks for reading!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years