Returning to sim racing after a few years - Its all changed!

Blimey, its been a while since i've managed to be in a position to consider setting up a racing rig again, and I thought I'd check back on here to see how things have progressed/what people are playing nowadays, with a hope of getting back involved in some racing!

I had to take some serious time out of racing as it was taking a lot of time out of my life when I needed to be concentrating on life/work etc, but things have settled a little, and the itch to burn internet rubber is starting to return

Back a few years ago, the standard games were the GTR/Race 07 series and rfactor1, but whats the most popular now? I obviously want to get into something thats fairly popular, yet relatively realistic, especially since i've managed to pick up some relatively decent equipment. My skills are not great, but I can hold my own at the back of a pack!

Hopefully I will meet up again with some people that may remember me, if not, it will be great to meet some new people, just itchin to get racing again!

Thanks Mohammed and William. Its kinda surprising to hear about GTL being more popular and RACE07 maybe dying off a bit? Never really got into iRacing because of the pricing model and never seem Game Stock car before. Times have changed indeed!

RACE 07 still has a following here, and times are good for GTL right now. Game Stock Car and Formula Truck also have activity, rFactor 2 also...

I think as a whole, a lot of people are in a state of limbo waiting for rF2 to complete development and for AC to be released.

so it may be a good job that I kept all the mods for Race 07 afterall? I was gonna have a look at RF2 but you say its still in development? I guess the version they are selling is still effectively in beta then?

Rfactor 2 is/will always be updated thats the beauty of it, but from what ive raced with in it its very much up and running and ready to use. RD are about to use the sim in the next VWEC so i think its safe to say its ticking all the boxes and ready to go...

I'm always up for something slightly unusual, as it tends to level the playing field a little! Had been considering it as it looked like it may be a bit of a laugh

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%