Returning to Rfactor after many years

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Hi there!

Im new here, im returning to sim racing in general after a long time off. Have installed Rfactor & GTR2, next install will be Richard Burns Rally.

Two of my favorite mods for Rfactor were V8factor and HistorX Mod. To my massive dismay though i cannot find them anywhere. Rfactor Central seems to be dead these days, They are not in the downloads section here or @ NoGrip racing (a site i used to use alot way back when) ive tried the torrent from VirtualR but that doesnt work either, no seeds. I find this weird cause in the rfactor server list i can see plenty of servers running these mods so they must be out there somewhere.

Can anybody here help me please?

Thanks!

TT

Thanks so much for the links guys! Ive now got both mods with Historix on a fresh rfactor lite install. Hav'nt really tried the V8's yet. At the moment im just trying to iron out bugs before i hook up the computer to my mates rig (as i dont have rig or steering wheel setup yet). I am experiencing so graphical errors with the Historix mod though. some cars on track show up as a mismash of jumping, flashing graphical elements and once or twice on starting a race all the cars where sunk into the track. Im just using the tracks Rfactor came with for now. Also sometimes when its first booting up if i press escape the whole screen go's white and CDT's, mind it doesnt happen unless i press escape before its finished loading, so not too much of an issue. Cant find anything in the manual under "known issues" about these problems.

Just found out that there is a big problem with the UI. if i try to go to garage or settings whilst on the monitor page before race it keeps the monitor page and overlays the settings or garage on top, unreadable. This may be less simple than i thought

Damn that's not good, :(
Have you tried any other games to see if its just this one that has a issue.
I assume all your drivers are up to date and pc is working good. temps are all ok ect..
DX9 is ok
Does rfactor run ok with its UI and its only when you switch to the UI from HistorX that this happens..
try looking at the config UI for rfactor see if its still ok,

You can now use your product key in steam to get a version in there if that's any help we advice our guys to do this, You can then check the integrity of the game in there and it updates any files that are missing or wrong in rfactor, you can take rfactor out of steam also and put in another folder /drive really handy for a second install/ back up
but it will not cure a HistorX problem, that usually requires a clean install per say.

I will have to ask others as ive never come across this before..

I will try and take some screenshots of these problems when i get time, today is too busy. Spose maby it could be the install, ive followed all instructions in the manual, but the rfactor lite package i downloaded seems to have 3 rfactor cars rather than 1, so mayby thats the prob. Everything is up to date with dx9, ill have to check graphics card drivers and bits

Futher update, UI prob sorted by graphics card update. Have found graphical errors and CTDs when loading track are only happeneing if under opponents i 'select all'. i can select as many cars as i like as long as they are the same model, or in the same series, but if i select all cars i get problems, anyone else find that?

I've never heard of these problems. Sorry, I'm no help at all here.
I agree with Rupe. I would advise that you start again from scratch. Be sure to follow the install method in the manual to the letter.

By selecting all cars you are potentially selecting almost a 1000 liveries, iv'e never done that and would not, knowing a track only holds about 24 cars per say..

Cheers Rupe. What i mean is when you go to the 'select opponents' page i just select all cars, but ill only load about 29 opponents, then when i go to race some of the cars show up as jumbled flashing textures, but if i load the same amount of cars or more of the same model or cars in the same class i.e. prototypes or touring cars, there is no problem. im thinking its just not designed to have certain cars on track with certain other cars from different class'es. Cant understand why the install would be bad as i followed all instructions.

The tracks all have AI car limits (which can vary from track-to-track) - select, say, 11 opponents and trying that. When it works (and it will) try going up to 19 (for a 20 car race including you).

You cna then go up in number until you are maxed out, but with no problems.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back