Retrolux Studio Showroom

Misc Retrolux Studio Showroom 1.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Retrolux submitted a new resource:

Retrolux Studio Showroom - Studio showroom to create photorealistic screenshots of cars and skins with the content manager.

View attachment 295655
View attachment 295656 View attachment 295657 View attachment 295658 View attachment 295659 View attachment 295660 View attachment 295661 View attachment 295662 View attachment 295663 View attachment 295695
My goal was to make a minimalistic studio showroom, where it's easy to create photorealistic screenshots from almost any perspective without having distractions in the background. For creative users it also offers many customization options for the...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the great showroom!

__custom_showroom_1552329798.jpg
__custom_showroom_1552330110.jpg
__custom_showroom_1552330354.jpg
__custom_showroom_1552330820.jpg
__custom_showroom_1552330945.jpg

This looks great but I can't get to seem to get the lighting to work. All I get is white light. I do see an option for light in the toolbar, but there is no selector. Love the blue/purple in shown in your preview but can't seem to get it to work. Here's a screenshot of what I see,

https://i.imgur.com/2QYrXqO.png

This looks great but I can't get to seem to get the lighting to work. All I get is white light. I do see an option for light in the toolbar, but there is no selector. Love the blue/purple in shown in your preview but can't seem to get it to work. Here's a screenshot of what I see,

https://i.imgur.com/2QYrXqO.png
It looks like that the showroom is installed correcty, but you also need to install the light preset for the showroom (from here: https://acstuff.ru/s/htbf ) as descripted in the install guide. :)

Edit: You also need to use the content manager showroom for it. The normal showroom is not compatible.

Link to your presets seems to be down?

Looks like that a racedepartment mod has removed the links to the showroom preset as they might not meet their standards?... Gladly I have put the showroom preset settings inside the archive that can be downloaded here. I updated the install instructions on step 3.

Sadly this now gets a bit more complicated to install & setup.

EDIT: Link is still up but gets instantly censored by racedepartment when posting here. Might be that the base url "acstuff dot ru" is blacklisted.

Last edited:
Is there a way to reset the FOV?
I have been playing around with it but you can get really strange looking cars (stretched etc.) like that and i want to reset it to standard again so the car looks exactly the way it should.

Last edited:
You can always reset to the default settings of the preset by selecting the preset again in the lower right corner of the custom showroom.

Be sure to check out the Controls section as well in the description of this showroom. There are the most important keys explained for the camera. The FOV can be changed with CTRL+Mouse wheel or when you click on the eye symbol and move the "view angle" slider. Have fun :)

Do you have a donate option any place to put 10, 20 euro?
To take shot with the double up and down scale at 4k type situation, what memory level are we looking at to do that?
I am hitting not enough memory sitting at 16gb,x99e,rtx208ti (even at low res).
Looks really nice, I think ill bounce this box up to max 128gb and see if it helps?

Edit: I have gifted upgraded you, surprised I got the chance to do it and not done already...
"Thank you for purchasing this upgrade as a gift for Retrolux."

Thank you for allowing automobile to look even better, good job, appreciated.
regards,

Last edited:
To take shot with the double up and down scale at 4k type situation, what memory level are we looking at to do that?
Looks really nice, I think ill bounce this box up to max 128gb and see if it helps?

Edit: I have gifted upgraded you, surprised I got the chance to do it and not done already...

regards,
maybe try with newer/older version of shader patch ? (1.44 here and no issue)
or if you have some fancy extra fx, SSAO and what not ?
i have half of your config, and i can manage 4k

you have this option maybe to turn it off
1582921978084.png

cause apparently making a multiplier*2 for a 4k screenshot, with that double option creates a blue screen and a reboot :D

also the "dof" kills render time
without it i can make an 11k render rather fast (it does go up to 11 after all ^^)
that's a lot of pixels ! >> 9mo http://benobro.org/sub/singer11k.jpg

regards,

Ohhh thanks bud01 but there was really no need to. Illja is the one that deserves it. Because only with his custom showroom I could build a proper studio setup posted here. ;)

As far as as the scaling options go I think some high resolutions can take quite a lot of time to render the full frame, as the pixels are going up exponentially when increasing the resolution. What you can try to boost peformance and rendering speed for the screeshots is to disable the checkbox "Reflections at Camera Position" (cogwheel icon -> Scene-> Scene Section). The reflection angles will be a bit different but only marginally. I kept this setting on though, because they felt more realistically but its very minor :p

Do you use the Super Resoluion Multiplier to make highres screenshots?

PS: The shaderpatch does not make a difference as the shaders used in the custom showroom are independend from the one in the game. Acually they are the base that ilja created before starting on the shader patch :)

Last edited:
Thanks for replys

Is it possible to do a series of screen shots in order whist camera auto pans around an asset, to thus create a looped, Retrolux Studio Showroom HQ animation? Sure it may take 1 month to render the 30/60 frame per second whilst a loop circle is performed but just a further interesting question, i guess it would be possible some way.

Enjoy automobile!

Last edited:
I guess you need to ask Ilja https://www.patreon.com/x4fab if he updates the custom showroom to allow sequenced screenshots and camera tracks to be configured.

What you could try to do though is to directly record a video footage from the showroom window while the camera (Eye icon) is set on "Auto Orbit", "Orbit Camera", "Auto Align Car". You might need to click on "Reset" once to get the camera to move automatically. Enable a higher pixel density (Cogwheel -> Quality -> Antialiasing section) to reduce the AA flickering. The FPS will go down but thats no problem as you can adjust the camera Autorotation speed to a low value so that you get a 30/60fps motion if you speed up the footage in post.

Love it, thank you, but when I'm focussing in/out the sharp image turns a bit blurry after half a second and stays like that. When I move mouse/zoom it gets sharp again and then back to blurry.

Dunno what that could be.

Cheers
Robin

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years