Retrolux Reshade GTR2

Misc Retrolux Reshade GTR2 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks Retrolux :thumbsup:...and fine that I just see them as I'm planning today to install the new updated files by @GTR233 .... so that my GTR2 Steam installs will be good for a few months without my hands regularly needed in them. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Hey I am working to update my VR presets and build a new VRToolkit shader. I prepared you a test version for ACC. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ybAhHAHf12xdWQonAY_Lg9q4fhfzrD5x?usp=sharing
Let me know how your opinion.
thx for ur work! I got some small questions related to this.
"It includes the option to switch between FilmicAnamorphicSharpen and CAS. Filmic looks better from my taste and the peformance is better as well. But you can change and test the values to your liking. " How do i change it? Oh and where do i change sharpeningradius? thx

Edit: XD i found the vrtoolkit to change it but still cant find sharpening radius.
Edit2: So i have tested it and it does work (very nice vs vanilla ACC). I am using ur FilmicAnamorphicSharpen, which value does increase the sharpening amount? I think it really may have better performance.

Last edited:
thx for ur work! I got some small questions related to this.
"It includes the option to switch between FilmicAnamorphicSharpen and CAS. Filmic looks better from my taste and the peformance is better as well. But you can change and test the values to your liking. " How do i change it? Oh and where do i change sharpeningradius? thx

Edit: XD i found the vrtoolkit to change it but still cant find sharpening radius.
Edit2: So i have tested it and it does work (very nice vs vanilla ACC). I am using ur FilmicAnamorphicSharpen, which value does increase the sharpening amount? I think it really may have better performance.
Yes i guess its better to discuss it in the asseto corsa forum :thumbsup:. Increase sharpness on filmic is with Strength. (you can go over 100) The radius can also be changed but be carefull with that or it looks very unatural and causes artifacts.

Last edited:
Retrolux updated Retrolux Reshade GTR2 with a new update entry:

Updated Preset to 1.3.0 (VR peformance & improvements)

• VRToolkit: Fixed issue not returing the alpha value correctly causing in some cases to have black screen.
  • VRToolkit: Fixed that the sharpening mask is properly used to reduce gpu processing
  • VRToolkit: Added mask smoothing which makes the edge less prominent to allow a lower circle radius setting
  • VRToolkit: Added dithering option to reduce banding effects on gradients etc. as suggested by Valve. (WIP)
  • Changed that unactive shaders are not loaded from the start and only...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It seems to me that most of the hotkeys don't work in VR.
I can use Ctrl/Home: to enter Reshade config menu, the others don't work.
I'd like to use Ctrl+Page Down to toggle Extra Antialiasing, can that be done in VR?

In vr preset only one shader is used to reduce performance impact. Hotkeys that are connected to the non vr preset do not work. Only the ones to toggle the effects on and off, open reshade menu and making screenshots.

Retrolux updated Retrolux Reshade GTR2 with a new update entry:

Updated Preset to 1.4.0

• Updated to the latest VRToolkit shader v0.9.3-pre that contains a several additions and performance improvements
  • Adjusted Ambient occlusion look to be more subtle
  • Adjusted Reflections to be more subtle and to have less artifacts while using a bit more resources
  • VR Preset: Enabled diffusion noise to avoid banding on gradients
  • VR Preset: Adjusted sharpening settings to fit the changed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
Does not work well ifor me! (Nvidia gtx1080)
Only 20% gpu usage and therefore 10/15 fps
Previously (with DSR X4 6880x2880) gpu usage 94% and 100/+ fps
(Nvidia inspector setting done)
I think the Nvidia settings are not suitable!

Last edited:
You should not use DSR together with SGSSAA. From the performance SGSSAA is superior over DSR and visually almost identical. Try the diablo3 compatibility bit and use the CrewChef mod for sure to improve cpu performance a bit on multi core cpus.

You should not use DSR together with SGSSAA. From the performance SGSSAA is superior over DSR and visually almost identical. Try the diablo3 compatibility bit and use the CrewChef mod for sure to improve cpu performance a bit on multi core cpus.
Strangely enough, Diablo3 does not work for me. (sharp drop in fps) I will try again with Dragon2. I am using Process lasso for multi-core, do you think crewwchief is better?

Ohh yes crewchief is way better as it also fixes other things. Remarkable work from @The Iron Wolf that enhances GTR2 to a new level. VR Support, Several fixes in the engine, H-Shifter gearbox simulation, Dirt pickup, Flatspot simulation, Borderless fullscreen to allow SGSSAA in windows10 and so many more elements. It certainly needs a better feature presentation so that it is easly to grasp what it offers.

Checkout the thread for more details: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...Setup-Instructions-Known-Issues-and-Changelog

It looks like you are running GTR2 in fullscreen (for DSR it is needed I know) and that will not allow SGSSAA mode to work in windows10. You need to play in windowed for it. As for the performance you might need to disable a few of the expensive effects in reshade (AO & Reflection) as it will use more on the gpu as you where used to be without reshade.

Ohh oui, le chef d'équipe est bien meilleur car il corrige également d'autres choses. Travail remarquable de [USER = 240509] @The Iron Wolf [/ USER] qui améliore le GTR2 à un nouveau niveau. Prise en charge VR, plusieurs correctifs dans le moteur, simulation de boîte de vitesses H-Shifter, ramassage de saleté, simulation de flatspot, plein écran sans bordure pour permettre SGSSAA dans windows10 et bien d'autres éléments. Il a certainement besoin d'une meilleure présentation des fonctionnalités afin qu'il soit facile de saisir ce qu'il offre.

Consultez le fil pour plus de détails : https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...Setup-Instructions-Known-Issues-and-Changelog

Il semble que vous exécutiez GTR2 en plein écran (pour DSR, il est nécessaire que je sache) et cela ne permettra pas au mode SGSSAA de fonctionner dans Windows10. Vous devez jouer dans la fenêtre pour cela. En ce qui concerne les performances, vous devrez peut-être désactiver quelques-uns des effets coûteux du reshade (AO & Reflection) car il en utilisera plus sur le gpu car vous étiez auparavant sans reshade.
New test, impossible to have more than 25fps, in spite of the various settings in Nvidia inspector, whereas I obtain more than 200 fps with the dsr and the higher Nvidia settings.
I'm going to see if I can do a final test with Crewchef, but I'd be surprised if it would raise the fps that much...
In case it works, I find that there is a bit too much "grain", can this be mitigated?

You can manually disable each effect one by one through the reshade menu and directly see how it affects performance and the look. (Hotkey is in the description) Filmgrain you can completly disable it you dont like it or lower the settings in the effect itself (Disable performance mode, to be able to tweak each effect manually)

Last edited:
Vous pouvez désactiver manuellement chaque effet un par un dans le menu de refusion et voir directement comment il affecte les performances et l'apparence. (Hotkey est dans la description) Filmgrain vous pouvez complètement le désactiver, vous ne l'aimez pas ou abaisser les paramètres dans l'effet lui-même (désactiver le mode de performance, pour pouvoir modifier chaque effet manuellement)
Ok, I'll try to do that.
I don't know Crewchef, for the installation it says with the Steam version?! I have the cd version, is that ok?!

Vous avez besoin du gtr2.exe à vapeur pour pouvoir courir avec le mouchoir.
Je l'ai préparé pour vous avec le patch de 4 Go. https://drive.google.com/open?id = 1M5sbKlms3HasuiRUfYRdBMBvQO8lm7Ng & authuser = highway55555 @ gmail.com & usp = drive_fs
Sauvegardez votre ancien exe avant de remplacer l'exe pour vous assurer que vous pouvez revenir en arrière si vous le souhaitez plus tard.
C'est très bien! Je vous remercie.;)
En attendant, avec les options d'installation du patch HQ, j'ai réussi (pas sans difficulté!)
Ok ça marche ! Vous devez vraiment ajouter le Crewchef pour cela.
Cela s'améliore vraiment avec le réglage AA sur 8x et le suréchantillonnage 8x, en dessous de cela, c'est bien pire.

Merci pour le travail ! Il n'y a presque plus de lignes blanches laides...et Gtr2 est toujours très agréable:thumbsup:

Je ne comprends toujours pas comment fonctionne CrewChef...

Sorry for the English translation, I am French!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%