Retrolux Reshade GTR2

Misc Retrolux Reshade GTR2 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Vous pouvez remplacer entièrement XD / Trackmap par simhub et exécuter GTR2 en mode sans bordure. Sikjar sur ce forum a commencé quelques HUD, recherchez les téléchargements. De plus, CC lui-même prend en charge des centaines de commandes vocales.
ah, ok, thanks.
I'll have a look at Simhub and I'll have to study a bit the complex functions of CC (not sure if I'll understand everything ;) ).

If it's just a question of language, you can always ask me in french in a private conversation.
I'm from french speaking Belgium ... no single problem for me at this point of view

Voice commands are not mandatory in CC, by the way. ;)

Retrolux updated Retrolux Reshade GTR2 with a new update entry:

Updated Preset to 1.5.0 (VRToolkit Update + Crewchief Plugin Requirement)

Update 1.5.0
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: Requires deinstallation of the old Reshade preset.
    1. Store your custom presets files from Plugins\Reshade\Preset if you manualy adjusted them etc.
    2. Delete the following files:
      Plugins\Reshade (folder)
      Plugins\Reshade.*
      wininet.dll
      wndmode.ini
  • Updated to the latest VRToolkit shader v0.9.7-pre that contains a several additions and performance...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried this latest version 1.5 on a fresh install + HQ Anniversary Patch v15.9 but it doesn't work.
I extracted the zip's content inside GTR2 folder. Any advice or suggestion? Some dll missing?
Thanks

I tried this latest version 1.5 on a fresh install + HQ Anniversary Patch v15.9 but it doesn't work.
I extracted the zip's content inside GTR2 folder. Any advice or suggestion? Some dll missing?
Thanks
Latest version requires Crew Chief plugin and will not work without it. Also, ReShade will not work with DXVK, only plain DX9. You could try previous version 1.4.2 if you would like to run ReShade without CC.

Last edited:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but in VR it now looks grainy when using this. Followed instructions with nvidia inspector and the gtr2 config admin etc... and when I press the button combo' the reshade menu comes up and I choose VR. Have I missed something?

Last edited:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but in VR it now looks grainy when using this. Followed instructions with nvidia inspector and the gtr2 config admin etc... and when I press the button combo' the reshade menu comes up and I choose VR. Have I missed something?
so the way this works is that you would need to find settings you like and that work best for yourself via experementation. Retrolux did a great job of adding hints in settings, focus mask, preview etc. But the main point is what looks nice to one person on certain HMD, won't look nice to someone else with another HMD.

You did it right. If you have selected the VR preset you need zo restart GTR2 once if you switch the preset on the 2D screen. At best use the steamvr dashboard to switch the preset to immediately see the change. (The grain comes from the film grain on the 2D non VR preset)

But as wolf has said you might also need to adjust the VR preset to you liking and HMD. Default settings are for Valve Index and simular HMDs.

I have the same look on my monitor - i think it's as if the AA has lessened but it's still there as as I don't have major jaggies. I think I'm doing something wrong and part of retrolux reshade is implented as in the shaders but there's some sort of conflict with the AA I think. I've set nvidia inspector to all 3 compatibility bits that have been mentioned so I'll dig deeper and figure it out.

Last edited:
I have the same look on my monitor - i think it's as if the AA has lessened but it's still there as as I don't have major jaggies. I think I'm doing something wrong and part of retrolux reshade is implented as in the shaders but there's some sort of conflict with the AA I think. I've set nvidia inspector to all 3 compatibility bits that have been mentioned so I'll dig deeper and figure it out.
to me it sounds like everything works as it should. What you are describing is sharpening effect applied (and, it appears you do not like it), but how exactly it will look will depend on multiple parameters, you might be able to tweak it to your liking.

Last edited:
@dwightyone You can also try to use the general vrtookit shader as it has more sharpening preset out of the box you can choose from to see which one is more to your liking

You can then enable the LUT for GTR2 to get better colors like in this preset if you want to.

Haven't tried this an an alternative so will do. I'm guessing this is a blanket method which works with a monitor as well. Will try tomorrow

Just an update - I've switched off a couple of the things in the monitor preset which now gives me better performance. Have less shimmering and aliasing on the tarmac with your (slightly adjusted) reshade preset so I'm going to keep using it - thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back