Retrolux Reshade Automobilista

Other Retrolux Reshade Automobilista 1.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hmm hard to tell what effect is causing the issue. You could try to disable the effects one by one to see which one is causing it. Sadly some effects look differently based on the resolution you are using. Have you also followed the Antialiasing settings in the instructions?

Hmm hard to tell what effect is causing the issue. You could try to disable the effects one by one to see which one is causing it. Sadly some effects look differently based on the resolution you are using. Have you also followed the Antialiasing settings in the instructions?

What kind of effect can I modify? The shortcuts currently used and have not improved, but the shortcut Ctrl + home has several others.
About Antialiasing do you have to use that 0x00400000 or the application to provide compatibility when you open the program?

You can disable each effect manually when you open up the reshade panel with the hotkeys. Just remove the checkbox of the effect to see the difference.

As for the Antialiasing you need to set that compability bit otherwise the used Antialiasing settings will not have any effect.

• Deleted member 1239557

Last edited by a moderator:
Reshade should work without the special settings, only the Advanced AA settings will not. You might nees to try the VSR stuff with an AMD. Hopefully some fellow simeraces might help on that end that have an AMD card themselves?

Hello,
Thank you for the very clear installation explanations, I had no problems getting started. The program offered the update to version 4.9 .. but I did not find it better, this basic version already fills the graphical improvement enormously, I keep it.

Retrolux updated Retrolux Reshade Automobilista with a new update entry:

Updated Preset to 1.1.0 (VR Support)

• Updated Reshade to preview version 4.9.1 alpha2 with added VR support from "Holger Frydrych"
  • Reshade update will speed up load times due to shader caching and ingame performance slighly
  • Removed Depth Sharpening Masking to improve performance a bit
  • Added VR preset that will use the LUT of the base preset and sharpening to improve VR image clarity while keeping the performance impact as minimal as possible
    • Needs to be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Updated Preset to 1.2.0 (VR peformance improvements)

• Added new VR Toolkit shader that is specialized to be used for VR. It combines shaders to be processed into a single pass to improve performance. Different Sharpening and color corrections can be selected.
  • Changed the VR preset to use the new VRToolkit shader.
  • Updated LUT.fx shader with slight peformance improvements
  • Updated Reshade with latest changes from (24.05.2021)

Updated Preset to 1.3.0 (VR peformance, Radial Sharpening Mask)

• Updated VRToolkit to included sharpening mask to improve shader peformance by applying only sharpening on the center of the image. Thx to fholger for the initial implementation.
  • Prepared preset structure to not inlude versioning numbers in the preset names for easier upgrades
  • Fixed shader caching path to be inside the reshade folder

I use VR exclusively and when I open the Reshade config and apply the VR Toolkit fx the screen goes black whilst in the VR headset. I'm I doing something wrong ?

Let me try to narrow it down to find the issue. I suspect the compability bit but it could be something else
  • Did you try to start ams in non VR mode if the "retrolux_ams_vr" preset works or does the screen stay black as well?
  • Did you set the compability bit with nvidia profile inspector as in the instructions and what AA mode do you use?
  • Does a simple shader like the LUT.fx work with everthing else disabled?

Goodnight! Congratulations on your work. Is it possible to carry out these modifications using my HD 7850 video card or is it only for those who have NVIDIA video cards?

Goodnight! Congratulations on your work. Is it possible to carry out these modifications using my HD 7850 video card or is it only for those who have NVIDIA video cards?
Usually it should work. The only thing that might not work is the Anti aliasing with reshade enabled.
Give it a try and see if the anti aliasing modes from the game or from AMD driver settings work with reshade.

Let me try to narrow it down to find the issue. I suspect the compability bit but it could be something else
  • Did you try to start ams in non VR mode if the "retrolux_ams_vr" preset works or does the screen stay black as well?
  • Did you set the compability bit with nvidia profile inspector as in the instructions and what AA mode do you use?
  • Does a simple shader like the LUT.fx work with everthing else disabled?

The retolux ams vr preset does not work.
The antialaiasing compatabitity bit is set to 0x00400000 using nvidia profile inspector
The LUT.fx does work no problem

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years