Retro Pack for SimBin's RACE Series

retro_full1.jpeg

This dropped into a certain mailbox a few minutes ago as a pressrelease

SimBin Press Release said:
“Race 07”: Fourth expansion pack will be the “Retro Pack”

Lidköping /Sweden, April 21, 2011
– The Swedish game development company SimBin Studios AB today announced that the fourth expansion pack for the award winning PC racing game
“Race07” will be released next week.

Release date: April 28, 2011 | Price: 4.99 EUR | Available on: http://store.steampowered.com/app/44660/

The Retro Pack features 8 cool retro cars and 2 new high detailed tracks. It is designed for all fans who loves their racing cars loud and charismatic. From the unmistakable rounded curves of the Volvo Amazon, over the iconic BMW 2002 to the raw coolness factor of the ’70 Chevrolet Camaro, it is all here. The pack also contains the Poznan track which is a world premiere on any gaming platform, and the first hillclimb stage ever made by SimBin.

Special Features:
- Integration with the RaceRoom online platform, featuring leaderboards and competitions.
- The first ever Hillclimb stage developed by SimBin, based loosely on stretches of road in the Alps.

Cars:
1968 Volvo Amazon
1972 Volvo P1800 ES
1971 BMW 2002
1968 Mini Cooper S
1971 Opel Commodore GS 3001
1973 BMW 3.0 CSL
1974 Chevrolet Corvette
1970 Chevrolet Camaro

Tracks:
Hillclimb Stage
Poznan

As soon as I got the pop-up news from Steam and I read "Hillclimb" I purchased it right away.
Been driving like a mad cat for a few hours today and yesterday and only have one thing to say in one word: FUN!!!
I just hope more Hillclimb tracks will be made.

Finally got the pack purchased and installed.. AMAZING! Thank you x 1 000 000 to SimBin.. Scenery is absolutely fabulous and the cars have very good feel to them. It's been a while when i couldn't close my mouth when driving and the slides you can do with these ancient beasts... Whooah...

Tell me about it i had a triumph spitfire with a single rear leaf spring for suspension, Some years later i got hold of a 74 corvette i could not beleive it had the same barn yard tech (but it worked well in trying to kill me ). you cant beat it for fun...
It wouldnt of hurt to include the extra setting, there were different spring around at that time, but the shockers were no to clever and with the old tyres the pressure was used as part of the suspension.
Im all for keeping it real but its 1/2+1/2 so i want all.....

I just had a drive with the mini from the retro pack and the mini from the gtl ad-on, and I can't help but feel that the one from the gtl mod not only looks better, but feels somewhat more realistic to drive. Also in the replays it seems to move in a more realistic way. The Mini from the retro pack looks like a slot car. From the graphics point of view I also can't understand why Simbin ruin their models with those silly tinted windows. lighting is already a minus in Simbin titles, dark windows just make it worse. It happens with the retro pack, especially when you compare it with the aforementioned GTL mod, but, I think, it's clearly visible even with GT Pro\Club\Sport cars when you compare them with the cars from GTR2 2 GTRE mod.

The retro pack mini's are too fast for the other cars in the cool class. The Amazon is supposed to be more powerful but heavier but it's not that much faster in a Mini vs Amazon drag race:

I drove a 1965 Mini in this years COnline GTL-Mod league. Here is the Brno race:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%