Retro Pack for SimBin's RACE Series

retro_full1.jpeg

This dropped into a certain mailbox a few minutes ago as a pressrelease

SimBin Press Release said:
“Race 07”: Fourth expansion pack will be the “Retro Pack”

Lidköping /Sweden, April 21, 2011
– The Swedish game development company SimBin Studios AB today announced that the fourth expansion pack for the award winning PC racing game
“Race07” will be released next week.

Release date: April 28, 2011 | Price: 4.99 EUR | Available on: http://store.steampowered.com/app/44660/

The Retro Pack features 8 cool retro cars and 2 new high detailed tracks. It is designed for all fans who loves their racing cars loud and charismatic. From the unmistakable rounded curves of the Volvo Amazon, over the iconic BMW 2002 to the raw coolness factor of the ’70 Chevrolet Camaro, it is all here. The pack also contains the Poznan track which is a world premiere on any gaming platform, and the first hillclimb stage ever made by SimBin.

Special Features:
- Integration with the RaceRoom online platform, featuring leaderboards and competitions.
- The first ever Hillclimb stage developed by SimBin, based loosely on stretches of road in the Alps.

Cars:
1968 Volvo Amazon
1972 Volvo P1800 ES
1971 BMW 2002
1968 Mini Cooper S
1971 Opel Commodore GS 3001
1973 BMW 3.0 CSL
1974 Chevrolet Corvette
1970 Chevrolet Camaro

Tracks:
Hillclimb Stage
Poznan

I picked this up today and initial impressions are that it is excellent value for money. :thumb:

Of course, the first car I tried was the Mini around Knutstorp (ideal Mini track :love: ). Bit surprised to find that setup was limited, especially no gear range adjustment, but it was fun to drive. Not as lively or realistic feeling as the GTL Mini, very stable and easy, but I'd say that on-line racing could be heaps of fun on the right tracks, eg. STCC tracks.

Haven't tried the other cars yet, but they sure look nicely modelled. :cool:

Absolutely the best expansion for Race 07 imo, for just 5€-s it's a must buy for those who play Race 07. All the cars are fun to drive, especially the Retro cool class! I think they're pretty much well balanced too, don't know if the Mini is really faster than the other Retro cool cars as I could do the same time at the hillclimb first with the Volvo P1800, it's definitely different as it's FWD.
I would love to race in a league with these cars, maybe it could be even a 2 class league if there's enough interest. We could race at tracks like Sachsenring, Rouen, or maybe even Machwerk, it could also include a hillclimb event:) Absolutely love these cars!

Another thing I'm looking forward to, I hope there are some guys from Hungary who also do tracks for Race 07, there are some hungarian hillclimb tracks for rFactor, I would love to see some more for Race too, now that it has this cool hillclimb mode!:) Also as hillclimb is there, the Lada VFTS would be really interesting to have now, as it's a really popular rally car in my country! (I saw there is one coming for rFactor, but would be great to have it in Race as well!)

But again, I think these retro cars are the best in Race 07 now, they're soft, nimble and fun to drive!:) + they're great looking and have a nice sound too!

I may be an inexperienced, maybe I do not understand anything about driving simulators, but I think this is a great job,
I sincerely think that GTREvo should have a little extra attention, even by the most famous modders.

I repeat, in my opinion, great job.

MODDERRS wake up!

Absolutely the best expansion for Race 07 imo, for just 5€-s it's a must buy for those who play Race 07. All the cars are fun to drive, especially the Retro cool class! I think they're pretty much well balanced too, don't know if the Mini is really faster than the other Retro cool cars as I could do the same time at the hillclimb first with the Volvo P1800, it's definitely different as it's FWD.
I would love to race in a league with these cars, maybe it could be even a 2 class league if there's enough interest. We could race at tracks like Sachsenring, Rouen, or maybe even Machwerk, it could also include a hillclimb event:) Absolutely love these cars!

Another thing I'm looking forward to, I hope there are some guys from Hungary who also do tracks for Race 07, there are some hungarian hillclimb tracks for rFactor, I would love to see some more for Race too, now that it has this cool hillclimb mode!:) Also as hillclimb is there, the Lada VFTS would be really interesting to have now, as it's a really popular rally car in my country! (I saw there is one coming for rFactor, but would be great to have it in Race as well!)

But again, I think these retro cars are the best in Race 07 now, they're soft, nimble and fun to drive!:) + they're great looking and have a nice sound too!

plus 1 peter. very very good mod. the physics imo are better then gtl which means a lot because i usualy play gtl. just a brilient mod. so far i tested many of the cars and the bmw csl and the volvo 1800 brought a wide smile to me. excelent job simbin. finally-gtl 2:)

Khm, RDHGP, khm :tongue:. And the Historic racing club in general :D

Anyway, waiting to see how or if this pack fits in the racing club schedule, no point in driving offline. Maybe it could get incorporated in the Historic racing club?

Just had a quick few runs this afternoon... with a big smile on my face!
I cannot yet say if the cars are very different or better or worse than their GT Legends counterparts, but sure the hillclimb is a VERY nice addition.. I hope this inspires Track Creators / Converters to make some more of these!

cause at this point in time those car were using fix gearing and Diff, the only thing they could do is adjust the final gear ratio but the Race series game doesn't support final gear ration like GTL does which imo would have been nice if they could have made it for the game.

why would they make all the cars have fixed diffs and gear ratios? seems a bit shortsighted and arcadey :(

Bought Retro yesterday night and can't stop smiling since that. Love the cars, and the hillclimbing, fighting with the overtaking rear wheels...:D
The only disappointment for me was the Mini. I expected a small nippy little car withlots of torque steer, massive oversteer or understeer depending on the right foot, but it was quite neutral, I felt it too similar to the modern version of it. I don't know if it good or bad this way, never had the chance to drive such car. The other thing is the engine sound of he Mini. It's too synthetic, reminds me the arcade racing games from the 90's. I expected something that you can throw around corners with mad eyes and evil laugh. This won't be my car of choice for sure. Anyway I have a big selection from all the others that can make me smile...

Tried RR and f3000 on the Hillclimb track. Pure adrenalin...:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back