RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I disliked hearing that you weren't going to make it. I should like that you're going to miss races? Does it denote something bad, points taken away and you won't get a free new race car maybe? Possibly I should have just given a thumbs down :thumbsdown: frown but I thought I disliked hearing that from you. Worry not, I'll sneak into headquarters tonight while Bram is alseep and open your file so I can remove all the gig's against you.

I disliked hearing that you weren't going to make it. I should like that you're going to miss races? Does it denote something bad, points taken away and you won't get a free new race car maybe? Possibly I should have just given a thumbs down :thumbsdown: frown but I thought I disliked hearing that from you. Worry not, I'll sneak into headquarters tonight while Bram is alseep and open your file so I can remove all the gig's against you.
Yeay, happy bear again! lol

I dont know if there is an actual rating thing that can be affected by a dislike rating, but i generally dislike using the dislike button. Don't know why, i just dislike it!
Dont forget to take your balaclava for the breakin, and don't for get the virtual treats for the virtual guard dogs that patrol the virtual castle where the dislike holding computer is!

My first race since early in December 2013, and it all turned out good.
As per usual in my life I never get that much time to practice, so 10-15 laps was all I had done before the event.
Qualified myself in the middle of the field, 8th position.
Had a good start, and managed to sneak up to 5th early on, and stayed there for a loooong time. I passed 2 spinning Chevys on 2 following laps about halfway through, and from there I was positioned 3rd until I did my pitstop with 15 minutes to go.
Changed only the fronts, and refueled way too much, so I could not give Arne a real fight for 4th when I rejoined the circuit.
Finished 5th of the 15 that started, and am very happy with this.

Hopefully I will be joining more of these wvwnts, I have missed the touring car action for a while now :)

Not a good day for ATM racing. I was unfocused, Kosir crashed and Brelih hasn't trained prior to this day so overall performance was pretty bad. :/
However, it was still fun. Nice grid size, I hope to see a full server one day!
Too bad you knocked Justin out, Dennis, that was bound to be a nice fight. :)

I have no idea if I'll be awake or not for this. I'm having some nasty sleep issues (like 16-20 hrs / day sleeping) ... my body does this to me sometimes
I hope to be back to "normal" sooner than later .. and I do hope to make this race. I haven't been racing much recently at all. :(

Also, I'll ask this here (since it's the STCC thread)
I don't think I've ever seen any of the STCC tracks being raced on RD ... Why is that? There's some darn good tracks there. Short, yes, but twisty and fun! Some tough track IMHO.

Yeah, I meantioned Valer some time ago. That is some sick fast track. :D Also the 10 sec penatly is ridiculous due to practical reasons such as the guy behind you having no penalty crashing into you at start. As I've said - weight penalty is far more suitable and easy to control and can be set at 15 kg for those who sign atleast 12 hrs before and 30 kg for those who sign less than 12 hrs before.

Yeah, I meantioned Valer some time ago. That is some sick fast track. :D Also the 10 sec penatly is ridiculous due to practical reasons such as the guy behind you having no penalty crashing into you at start. As I've said - weight penalty is far more suitable and easy to control and can be set at 15 kg for those who sign atleast 12 hrs before and 30 kg for those who sign less than 12 hrs before.

It's a nice idea but more work for the staff as they would have to have the server loaded locally to impose the penalties as the drivers joined and how many times do we see drivers dropping in and out getting their setups right! It would be a bloody nightmare and after all, this is club racing and is suppose to be a fun event. Back of the grid is good enough IMO

I never wanted to turn people away, I have not turned any drivers away. Maybe someone failed to meet the deadline and walked away or saw the bold/red line and took a stand? It's easier to ask drivers to not drive in qualifying, have them DQ themselves or quit and return than it is to enforce any "second wave" start. I've only seen that work once in a GTP/GTC Nord's endurance event.

Having drivers, especially quick drivers at the back of the pack, whether they're enjoying the run to the front or racing to make up for a late entry is not really a good thing in a grid full of drivers that are already stacked by laptime. A race can turn bad easily in the first few corners. We can use that tool only as long as races are not disrupted by the "punishment".

I threw out the options in jest and thinking they were good but I don't think they are the best. For right now I prefer to stick with the bold red as it is. I will continue to allow late entries until it and not signing up at all becomes the normal way of getting into a race again at which point I will start enforcing it because I think in the long run entries will be higher and that's all anyone wants.

Strange that at the time I set a bold red line and stop signing up for the Monday and Wednesday events that entries for both days drop to zero. These are days that are usually one or two entries lower than our best days. Do drivers only enter because I'm signed up,,,please :O_o:

We do run the STCC tracks, we have even had GTP events at the smaller tracks but entries and comments indicate that drivers like to run on long fast tracks rather than ones with laptimes of less than a minute. No one seems to have liked Mini events run on shorter tracks for long lengths even though I think that all the lapping of backmarkers is a great way to bring on long battles. It's also a great training for slower drivers in learning to handle the pressure of someone coming up from behind.

As some of the latest racing sim releases like rf2 and Assetto Corsa come up to speed[they certainly are looking great] the builds and updates are bringing them to their full potential. The weeks racing calender will be shared and our schedule will change a bit accordingly. I have no intention to step on the toes of the other groups as they bring in the future. For a time and when I became staff, we were only running three races a a week, W/STCC, GT's[usually] and a Mini Friday. At some point Bram noticed that the servers were not populated with events and so I popped up daily events. In general each day has held it's own with a good number of entries for each day unless I happened to pick a bad car /track combination and let drivers take a day off. Now, it's not that the server is being overused but that the other clubs will be coming on strong.

I can keep populating the calender with events as long as drivers support them. Poor attendance, lack of entries will be the reasons for any reduction in the schedule.

I'll always try to pick good car/track combo's, sometimes they might not be the best for you and that's OK as when it's obvious, those cars that you hate to drive won't be called up as often. There are many legal tracks out there and RD has allowed the use of legal tracks. Personally I'm not big on car mod's but I like to see them in special events but for most all club events I find it best to use stock content cars. Recently we have used the low powered Cat's and Rad's, I'll keep that up and try a few other classes also. Everything seems to work for one or two events before drivers don't come back for more.

There are a few more things happening that will be coming up soon. Both will be driver initiated, one has been brought about by drivers and the other is for drivers. You will have to wait on more info on those.

Next week ends my fifth year here at RD. April tenth will be five years of racing here with tin tops after leaving a sim world of IndyCars and F1. I hope I've answered a few questions that have been in the air. I plan on staying staff for a while longer and racing as long as I enjoy racing, my hands/body stay in shape, and my PC doesn't crap out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years