RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Everyone, I have a confession :cautious:! Don't tell, but... I did not have any practice before the start of this event :p! I saw we could join in quali for race 2, so I figured to give it a go. I joined, put in half an out-lap then realized I had to check on a pie I was making :redface:! I took care of the pie, saw it was race time, loaded my Melbourne setup (based off of Dennis's) and entered the grid. I swear, the last time I felt this much apprehension for a start of a race had to be either my first ever race at RD back in November or my first Presto GP event. Any-how, had a great start. Learned the track quickly in the first three laps and I proceeded to put on a tremendous charge to finish second :confused:!

Had fun racing with everyone and I look forward to next week.

This had to be one of my worst events ever. I like the track, not that I love it but it never treats me well. The little Mini just would not respond to anything I gave it, like training a dog that doesn't like food treats. Certainly this was not "racing" for me.

So, I was determined to finish. Practice and qualifying were total failures and I had no speed whatsoever. The best I could do in race 1 was to keep talking to David and Damian hoping to keep them fighting so I could gain by their losses, I'm as bad at that as I am at driving at times. Race two, the good news, Nelson got to race because we restarted so Justin could come in, Arunas got to rejoin as he had lost a connection! The bad news, Justin failed to come in. It seemed obvious that chatting up a fight was out any chance of working and I had a handful with Nelson for a while. Some people don't need a good car or a lot of practice, didn't we talk about that on TS guys? At least Wayne came through to make the race fun. I don't know if he had a car problem, was drunk or tired but we sloshed it out until we were the last car s running! Good fun there!

Firstly ,Justin, no worries you wouldn't have stood a chance :p - kidding of course , hope you make it next time.
My main Gratz to the winner of course , but a big up to David K for putting up a great fight in the 2nd race and holding off the competition for so long! Good drive.
Once again enjoyable evening on TS and the races , see you all next time.

Damo :0)

Another fun Mini race, what a workout must have lost a few pounds especially in race 2

Practice went well and had a nice setup to use for the race and kind of worked out my way round the track.

Qualifying 1. Went not so well could not get it together and started mid pack.

Race 1. This went great at the start and moved from I think 6 to 3rd. Had some fun on team speak with the D team (Dennis, Damo. And myself) lots of fun had but distracted myself and had a bit of a bingle with a barrier. The tyre wear was amazing too and my front left was taking a hammering. Ended last which was ok, had a lot of fun racing with Damo.

Qualifying 2 - well the fast guys didn't qualify but I don't care POLL yer baby :D

Race 2 - well Matthias and myself had some most fun racing I have ever had to date. I managed to hold him off for 11 laps (yes I was leading :)) until the tyres started going off and my large Mini was no longer adequate. Dennis told me Nelson was on his way, and I could see him getting closer. Experience lacking I slid off and he shot passed. A little visit to the same barrier I hit in race one but still managed to keep Damo behind and finish 3rd.

Thank you to everyone for a great race and look forward to next week

Worst race (if I just could call it like that) I've ever had in RD, not because of You guys, don't worry :D
Several practice laps before event was very useful, because I've managed to drive fastest lap in qual. And P1 was mine! But I think that Matthias would manage to achieve better time.
R1. I was holding the lead without big problems about 5 laps.. But.. My firewall decided, that it is something new in R07 and blocked connection. DNF
R2. After reconnection and qual session I was ready for another challenge. Good start and I'm gained one position.. But.. Suddenly my rivals was gone and I was driving alone at the track.. Lost connection again! Internet problems. DNF

Sorry for the no show...i was sick, i am still sick...
pretty bad to mis this great technical track!! in real-life there are many accidents too..have driven this track many times in 3d with my own streetcar and motorcycle. To managed a laptime about 2.15 you have to work very hard and the engine is screaming out loud. For the motorcycle this is a very dangerous track especially the last corner and the bumpy tarmac in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%