RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Krisztián Tóth , no problem with the hit. I had avoided one in R1, just picked the wrong direction. I was having fun being close to you so I waited. Again, NP.

I had a right tidy car to race, a fun one to drive!

R1: All well until 3/4 done and tires started to turn greasy, temps were good and only 15% tread was gone. I don't know if it's normal for they babies or not.

R2: I got the launch right! Soon after in T1[maybe L2,3] Justin and Krisztián are on my inside and it could be a massive bombing mission so I gave room and ran wide instead. Dropping back is a natural thing when you're slow but at the half way point Kris was again right in front, slowing to give me soe me fun? Best racing of the week so far at that point until tires again turned greasy and Kris pulled away.

Thanks for the run with these cars, not fast but fun, frustrating at times too :)

Did NOT read the sign up correctly and was horrified to see the mini cooper wasn't part of the selection. I hate driving the other 'hover craft' in this class and can never manage to master these animals. I tried the BMW in practice and YEP! hovering all over the track lol. I didn't want to be a sore loser and quit out so I tried the Volvo....wow! a bigger hover craft :roflmao:. After some laps I started getting a feel for this beast and found my laptimes somewhere closer to the front runners than I ever imagined I would! You can imagine my surprise at qualifying in 2nd place....

Throughout the race I began to realise there is a certain discipline to handling these cars, a certain satisfaction at getting that throttle steering right with the correct amount of opposite steer, something @Arunas Linkevicius was doing lap after lap in a league of his own and untouchable in the race. I learned something about these cars last night and something I can hopefully build on with the right setup (used default last night as I had no knowledge of these cars).

So to finish second place while feeling like a total rookie was a shock and is no disrespect to the other drivers at all, something clicked last night and I just managed to drive to car how it is supposed to be driven (for 50% of the time).. I need to commit to that throttle steering a little more instead of reverting to FWD thinking and I think I may be able to get into the league that Arunas was in;)

Great Thursday! I just love Volvo boat!
Never thought that I can be so competitive in this tarmac rally style driving :) It was big surprise of P1 in qual and in both races. Even Justin couldn't match my Volvo! :D
But being an alien on the track isn't very fun :cautious: I will never do it again :laugh:
That for great racing! See you next time ;)
Hope to return in time and participate in Mini Friday event..

Uneventful race. I was a bit tired so didn't have the necessary spark.. Gaps grew too big and when finally Dennis started doing similar laptimes, he was too long away.. He could control it from 15s distance easily with 15 laps to go.. Tail was way too happy for my liking.. Don't know if i'm in next week, wednesday it's Barcelona in PrestoGP, Silverstone was already this week (second of our back-to-back races week apart instead of usual two weeks, sort of European tour ;) ).. Too much driving, need to concentrate on the necessary.. Didn't train for this race at all thou..

I had a car that was fun to drive, making it seem easy to put lap after lap in.I tried to drive maintaining composure and not pushing to gain much advantage. An easy pit stop. All alone after the pit.

My driving was quite sloppy even though I was trying hard to drive well. My visual perception of where I was did not relate to my location on the track. I have to work on that.

Thanks to all that made it today.:) :thumbsup:

Next week a historic track, watch out for the curbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%