RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Btv, some medicine for these freeze?

Close/exit anything that isn't needed in your taskbar. Disable autoprotect or use a silent mode for your antivirus software. I personally turn off auto updates for non important stuff.

Are you using a wireless connection to your router? if so, don't. Try to hard wire or, if like me, you can't. Use a powerline adapter to run a wired network.

Btv, some medicine for these freeze?

Also, on some occasions, starting the game, joining the server, take a few laps, exit server, quit the game and immediately start the game again (count to five so it can shut down the first instance, otherwise you get "game already running "message" from steam)... It'll give you plenty of data that is needed on that race available in caches (and prefetch etc ). Second start, load times are super fast as everything you need was loaded to RAM in the first start. This trick works on a lot of softwares, BTW.. Using DAW, video editing or similar stuff, it's usually more stable after on restart.. Sometime you can get choppy FPS on first launch, game restart will cure that too.

The first or second lap freeze is unfortunately very common, i believe it's the dedicated server side that does it, not the client.

Also shut down ALL steam autoupdates, ALL community functions, make it as silent as possible.

Thanks all, nice event:thumbsup:
Race: after start in lap1 between turns I see a red cars blocked in middle i take but was only lag in lap 2 again in back straight a motionless black car in middle I tried to avoid but in true not too seriously I thought was again lag NO this time was solid car:D so I hit on side and damaged suspension forced pit repair and go on track push hard for do some nice PB and along race I understand that with more pressure may gain some position so after mandatory pit I see that some chance, was possible pushed and at the end I gain two place and If I do some calculations it's not bad:)

It's was Toni who had a HUGE shunt. He was following very close to my tail, did miscalculation (brainfart were his exact words), tried to take it waaay too tight and ended up in the wall on full speed. Lucky he didn't spin on the racingline, that could've been a mass extinction of cars..

First of all I'm very sorry I missed had to pull out close before race start. Was never supposed to have to leave home that early. :( Looks like you had some good fun and I would've liked to be there too.

However it looks good I'll find the time again for some Mini Friday fun - not every Friday but here and then. :thumbsup: (Honestly I like 40 minutes race more than 80 minutes and forced pit stop allows for some tactics)

Well I hope it sends out the right information. Björn Golda and myself had the least cuts and we finished 1st and 2nd. There's a message there!

I agree. I made a just for fun vid of my pole lap, which should be a prove and maybe some are interested in the lap either way ;) :whistling:

Okay! Here is that race report that I promised everyone ('cause we all know a race as epic as this deserves one of these ;))

First, a little back ground. As some of you have seen, I joined with only 10 minutes left in practice 2. Prior to this I had no practice and did not even use an old setup. I changed the camber and set out to run some laps. Fifteen people were originally set to take place in this, but sadly Reik had to leave :(. Because of this, what had been a third place qualification result meant I would be starting on the front row along with Justin Swan :).

When the green flag flew and the lights went out, Justin got the run into T1. I was faster than him, so I kept after him and stayed right on his tail for much of the early race. However, before we reached the first quarter of the race, things got a bit hairy going into the first 90 degree left hander. Justin went off, I slammed into the wall and dropped back to third :confused:.
2014-05-03_00001.jpg 2014-05-03_00003.jpg 2014-05-03_00004.jpg

After I dropped back, I was ready to climb to the front because I knew I was fast enough. Had some great racing, but eventually other cars got around me and dropped even further back :cautious:. Decided to pit earlier than usual to try and get a clean track by myself to go faster, but I had some issues entering pit road :redface:. What else did not help was the fact I missed my box by a meter or two and had to back up.
2014-05-03_00005.jpg 2014-05-03_00008.jpg 2014-05-03_00010.jpg

After this, I was able to pass a few cars but ultimately messed up again :mad:. I was carrying too much speed into T1 and flew over the curbs. I lifted immediately, but the sudden weight transfer was bad for my Mini and I rammed the wall :cautious:. This pretty much sums up why it is a really really bad idea to cut at this track even if it is unintended. Also, I am a bit surprised that those people aren't even flinching as that happened :confused:!
2014-05-03_00013.jpg

But that was not the end of my race! Still plenty of action left as I dropped back to fourth. With aero and suspension damage, the car was feeling weird, but it also felt stiffer so I did not have to worry about oversteer any more :cool:. Coming out of the last turn, somene hit the wall and spun wildly (I think it was David Kingshott) and Kennet was all over me for the position :confused::D. Truly a wild and fun race which I proudly finished fourth. I think I could have finished on the podium if I was more consistent and might have even challenged for the win. But most importantly, I had boat loads of fun :thumbsup:.
2014-05-03_00015.jpg 2014-05-03_00017.jpg 2014-05-03_00018.jpg

Had a wonderful time and I look forward to many more weeks of epic Mini racing :thumbsup:. It turns out I can still do Mini Fridays for the rest of the summer too! Thank you very much Dennis and the rest of the RD staff for organizing this race and running this truly awesome community. This format has my big fat stamp of approval for many aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%