RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: 14th. Nothing special.

Race: Someday I may figure out what happened in turn 1; it'll take a while :) Essentially last afterwards. Had some good battles, especially with @Campbell Wallis (probably the hardest racing I've done over here), but after the pit-stop (where I finally jumped him), it was all a bit dull, comparatively. Didn't battle anyone from the pit-stop to the end, finishing 12th.

B0LT9uVCIAAXYIg.jpg:large

Not my best showing. I managed to avoid most of the mess in the opening laps, then a couple of laps in I successfully mugged @Robert Covey into the chicane, a move I'm extremely pleased with (above). Was as high as 7th by virtue of a late pit stop, then when I came out I was challenging @Dennis Phelan for 14th.

And then, I lost concentration and slammed into the tyre wall at the chicane, which basically cost me a lap while I pitted for repairs. Then I cost Dennis a place to Rob by being an obnoxious backmarker and knocking him off, then got myself taken out in a miscommunication while being lapped by @Alex Odell. In the end, 17th of 17 finishers, nearly a lap down on 16th, 3 laps off the lead, and untold carnage in the last few laps.

Yeah....

Quite a bunch, thanks for (almost) filling up the grid!

Put in a few laps yesterday and with some more training on "the cut", I got quite fast during P1 & P2 - managed to qualify 5th afterwards.

Also, I managed to botch the start, badly - went back to P8.
pfQ2sqU.jpg

Quickly regained P7 during lap 1, though, and it wasn't too long to a slight mishap in the chicane that put me back into P5, passing Alex in the process.
F6gqPQC.jpg

Next up was James, who had an arguably better start - however, he went wide every now and then, and once I got to his bumper, he might've gotten a bit nervous. When he screwed up T1, I seized on the opportunity and claimed P4.
QPkc7uQ.jpg

...and that was pretty much it. Stig seemed to catch up afterwards but fell back after the pitting phase - brought P4 home without many problems :)

Thanks for racing everyone, and since this is such a short race report, I'm gonna use the post for a shameless plug :D I posted a little something in the main forum yesterday, have a look at it if you feel like it :) CooperColours

We had what, 22 drivers on the grid[for a second] and 15 drivers in TS, it was sim racing heaven :inlove:.
I did try to chase @Dave Morley down but had no speed, @Campbell Wallis gave me some fun during the entire race and @Andreas Scholz for a bit but I think it was the fast guys lapping us that made the race so interesting. Hoping that someone had a clean race? I would have had more to say but Bjorn and I were just getting the server for Tuesday up. @Bjorn Golda was a great help in turning an offline track into one that we could actually run races on :thumbsup:

Hi
I had an okay race , not having any suspension problems for nearly 40 laps on this track
and with the amount of drivers present is an achievement,
I did have some near misses lapping drivers who suddenly started to race me...
maybe there where no blue flags ? tried to catch Bjorn Golda at one point but that didn't work out..
Nice event Dennis Phelan and what a Crowd :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stig

Sounds like I missed a night where I might actually have had someone near the back with me. :roflmao:

New PC seems to be working well now, so may make a future Mini Friday (missed those - must be 2 years since I last raced one). With Björn's skinning tool I will finally be able to have my own Mini, if number 13 isn't already taken :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.5%