RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I tried out all cars and could do low 32's and high 31's with the BMW and the Amazon. With the P1800 I was about a second slower, mainly due to the fact that the gears are really messed up for this track. 2nd gear was too short and 3rd was too long for some corners and in the slow part it was the same with 1 and 2. The car would be a lot more fun to drive if it had a bit more torque. When we got to qualifying, I saw that no-one was driving the battleship, so I swapped to it and didn't manage to put in a timed lap, so I started last on the grid.

At the end of lap 3, I had to avoid @Wayne Mitten , which made that huge back-end of the Volvo slide away from me.
2015-02-06_00001.jpg

I went off and passed the barrier, getting some air.
2015-02-06_00002.jpg
And I found out the marshalls do not appreciate it when you take the family for a picknick.
2015-02-06_00003.jpg

So I started race 2 on pole, because of the DQ. Managed to keep in first for quite a while, lost P1 after having a bad exit out of turn 1. After that, I had quite a long and good battle with @Matthias , us too staying along side each other from the short twisty bit until the final turn. One lap later, I was defending along the inside for turn 1, and when I hit the brakes, I lost sight of Matthias and I didn't want him to turn in on me, so I went straight on and lost quite a few positions.
2015-02-06_00004.jpg
Little slides can get you into the wall easily with this car. Ghehe.

Overall a great night and I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't pick the underdog anymore!

It all comes with time and much, much driving. Please don't let you discourage. I learned a lot over years when watching other pro's laps.

Btw for T1 I keep the tail from sliding too much by slightly applying power under braking because if you turn under braking the engine brake reduces weight on the rear even more. So you can brake with the left foot and control the tail slide with the power. A nice effect with FWD cars.

Quali: Not bad. 7th

Race: Got a good start; tried to get @Damo on the inside into turn 1, but didn't make it. Braked too late for turn 5, fell off the track, and ended up last. Recovered thanks to others' mistakes, and had a long battle with @Damo later on in the first stint. Pitted a lap later than him for fronts only.

Big.
Mistake.

Spun in turn 1 three or four times, and went off at the final two turns twice, as the rear just snapped out. Ended up where I qualified.

I think I collected @Nelson Ullinskey in turn 1 when I spun the third time there :redface:; left me with suspension damage, so I think I came off worse.

Now while Tuesday's was nice, this was more of a proper return to racing ;)

Hadn't practiced in the Minis at all, so I went on early to both get some speed and to try @Reik Major's setup posted earlier. While it was nice, my usual setup plus some gear and tyre adjustments seemed to work better - got into a "practice laptime battle" with @Nelson Ullinskey, @Damo and @EireGreen™ but when qualifying came, I managed to keep both of them behind me.

Didn't last for too long, though ;) Starting rather good, I closed in on @Reggie Blain but trapped on the inside, I then wasn't able to stop Nelson from stealing P3 from me. Soon enough, the Top-5 consisting of Reggie, @Aaron Channer, Nelson, myself and Michael pulled up a bit of a gap and some nice battles seemed to converge.
YcSB3sJ.jpg

Indeed, it wasn't too long until Reggie pulled away at the front and Michael lost some metres at the back, leaving the three of us on our own - which made for a nice fight with close encounters (at least on the "infield" of the track).
f2qYHeH.jpg

Unfortunately, Nelson was then claimed by the tyre wall of doom, leaving me hopelessly chasing behind Aaron until he went for an early stop.
EVXRefJ.jpg

A lap later, Reggie was found pitting, as well and with the de-facto P4 about 11s behind me, I chose to go for 4 tyres as I was pretty sure both Aaron and Reggie got 2 only, so there might be a chance to catch up a bit once their rears would wear off. Unfornately, I then missed my box and had to back up. Duh.
FnRTeyU.jpg

While I was making the smallest progress on catching Aaron, who was about 9-ish seconds ahead, it was far from enough, considering the remaining time. Thankfully, he helped me out by losing control in that high-speed right hander and only just kept the position.
iWwqNtv.jpg

Another great battle then ensued - while I pushed hard, I didn't put everything into going for the actual pass. Knowing he was on worse tyres, I chose to wait for an opportunity.
qWHdqWB.jpg

And behold, it came - though quite unexpectedly :D In a weird coincidence, I clipped that kerb, and at the same time, Aaron got sideways on his own and killed his engine - kept me rather puzzled for a moment, but once it became clear those were separate incidents, I carried on (rather safely) to take home P2.
j9gUcfZ.jpg

Congrats to Reggie & thanks for racing and the phenomenal 100% TS attendance, everyone!

@Damo - first starting to make liveries, I'd suggest you go with Paint.Net (+psd plugin) as it's far more user friendly than Gimp (in case you're using that one right now). Assuming you're using the Mini template from this pack, you can then open up the PSD file and change the base color at the very last layer named, well, base color - just click it to select it as the active layer.
Everything else (sponsors, shapes, names) should then go onto the layer above (often already prepared, here: "paint here") or multiple layers above (for the sake of being editable later on).
Racing numbers are often already prepared from 0-9. In case you want to race a different number, identify the layer containing the number's background and place your digits in a new one above it by creating it using the button (marked with the red square)
3JbFwSe.png

If all else fails, and this is a shameless self-promotion, you could try using Simplivery ;)

I had a car in the garage for this event so I wasn't doing much practice in the Mini this week. All the other classes gave me the track time that was really needed to get ready for the races. So this car came out of the garage with four years, YES four years of dust and rust on it but I still thought it would do me better than Reik's setup[Nothing against Reik!] A tweak or two to update it and off I went for some long stints that gave me insight on tire wear.

But I was slow in P1 and in P2.

I took a lot off in quali but as it happened I was still slow.

Ah, the main event! Reg Snr looked like a good fellow to follow so I hung back and expected to do some sleeping whiel mistakes were made and then do a two tire pit and make other gains where I could during the race. I was just twiddling my thumbs at the back when a tire caught the high curb on the way to the big straight. Besides spinning me ten seconds behind Reg it put the keboch on my plans, I had to race hard! Alas, I could not make any gains on Reg and stayed ten back even though he had faltered at times. I knew how my car would handle with only fronts changed and was determined to keep the car on track after making the stop. I all went well with some help from Reg, puncturing a tire and not having a good pit preset and a wayward Damo ending up behind me for unexplained reasons. I had some shocking moments after the stop and no doubt Damo, right behind me and looking for places to make a pass also had a few! He looked for a hole to drive through all the way to the finish but found none. Tough track to make a pass on making ait a "friendly" track!

As noted during the event we had 100% participation on TeamSpeak, yeah, outstanding, hoping for more of that!

I think I collected @Nelson Ullinskey in turn 1 when I spun the third time there :redface:; left me with suspension damage, so I think I came off worse.

Nope, no contact for me, but damn that was a close call! :roflmao:

@EireGreen™ I am terribly sorry for rejoining the track the way I did and ruining your race :cry:. That was a rookie mistake on my part and I should have known better.

The rest of the race was a blast though :D! Started fourth, grabbed third, and was in the middle of the intense train of @Björn, @Aaron Channer and myself. Eventually, I cracked first and ran wide on the exit of the first turn and got a puncture and collected @EireGreen™. Again, terribly sorry. After limping around the track, I overshot my pit box, got two fresh tyres and told my crew to forgot about the suspension damage. (Que epic theme music) I proceeded to put a charge on, narrowly avoided @RaceProUK and was ultimately more consistent than Aaron and finished third :cool:.

Another great Mini Friday race :thumbsup:

STCC2Flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
Car: STCC2
Track: Nürburgring GP
Games:STCC or Race On, STCC2, GTR Evo

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:30 GMT: Qualification (Superpole)
20:40 GMT: Warmup
20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. -Andy Jackson
  3. -Reggie Blain
  4. -Reggie Blain Snr
  5. -Thomas Alderton
  6. -Alex Odell
  7. -Björn Golda
  8. -Dave Morley
  9. -Enzo Fazzi
  10. -Nelson Ullinskey
  11. -Gundars Brigis
  12. -Arunas Linkevicius
  13. -István Milbich
  14. -Wayne Mitten
  15. -Rafael Kajstura
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
GTSPORTS.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTS
Car: GT Sports
Games: GTR Evo, Power Pack

20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Reggie Blain Snr
  3. -Reggie Blain
  4. -Michael Klein
  5. -Nelson Ullinskey
  6. -Enzo Fazzi
  7. -Björn Golda
  8. -Martin Poláček
  9. -Rafael Kajstura
  10. -Reik Major
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
MiniFridayCLUBRACINGFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Games: Race 07, GTR Evo

20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. -Dennis Phelan
  2. -Reggie Blain Snr
  3. -Reggie Blain
  4. -Aaron Channer
  5. -John Grant
  6. -Dave Morley
  7. -Nelson Ullinskey
  8. -Damian Millet
  9. -Nuno Rodrigues