RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Um.. not sure which thread you're talking about, can you link it? :)

Given my internet's back to normal, I'm in, by the way. Not too sure about Thursday, yet (no retro skins in the pack anyway, though ;))

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201506):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Ah, I see - same for me, I'll give Bram a headsup in case this is not intentional (doesn't look like it, as the thread doesn't appear to be locked). Thanks!

EDIT: @Damo - should be back to normal now :)

Even though I'm not able to drive this event, I was curious to explore this unknown track and I like to share the made experiences. The layout is a bit strange but somehow funny and challenging. I tryed to record a good lap live (which isn't easy with my weak PC) and was able to capture my second best one.

If the tail feels a bit loose to someone when using my setup, you might soften the rear a bit or make rear chamber a bit more negative.

Btw I found a nice and much better TV camera file here to enjoy replays better and a nice skybox fix here (no online mismatches).

Attachments

• R-Mini-2015-aca.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 269
I have never been a fan of cars that belongs in the Stonehenge era.
Hey, don't give me that look!
Sure, they are occasionally fun to take out for a spin, in my own pace, but to race with?
Nope, I don't have a death wish, thank you very much.

BUT, I had fun today! Race one, started in 4th, and executed another good start.
I got so excited so I forgot to shift to 2nd gear, for a second or two. So I instantly lost that precious little time that I gained from the start. After a few laps, @Nelson Ullinskey did what he was supposed to do with his Volvo, and crashed. And lets be honest here, that's only the reason why Volvo were invented in the first place. Act as a pure crash car :laugh:

That gave me the 3rd place, and thats were I finished as well.

2nd, race, started somewhere in the back but another good start and I were up to 4th.
There were some incredible battles going on in front of me, and instead of pursuing and take advantage of it, I decided to just take it slow and see if I could capitalize on it later on. It did paid off.

Once again, Nelson did what he was supposed to, do so that gave me 3rd again. But a few laps after that, @Matthias took 3rd, when I had to tip-toe behind @Enzo Fazzi when he had his little moments here and there. A few laps later, he had a giant moment off, so that gave me 3rd again.

And thats where I spent rest of the race. Until the last lap, when I did something really dumb. I pushed little to hard in T1, and when I came over the crest, I had little to much speed, and didn't have 100% control of the car, so I smashed the tire barrier and received terminal damage.

That's when I wished I had a Volvo instead :laugh:

But overall, I had loads of fun. I think this combo worked great.

I pulled a setup out of a time trail at Machwerk, close but I was way off the pace with it until I took a big hammer to it. Sorry @Reggie Blain Snr , I didn't have anything to pass on fast enough.

Lucky to get a good time in, happy with what I got.

R1: Only one off for the whole race that I can remember, looking good for the Mini's on Friday! A good time with Regg Snr for a while was my only "action".

R2: Wayne's unfortunate lap one made my whole race. Wit ha car that was sorted and at a point where I actually knew how to drive it we ran for the whole race at a distance to right up close throughout. Pressing hard on the last lap to recover after being passed I lost it badly and he clearly won the point.

Hi Cornelius, and welcome to RD!

after a recent change to the licensing system, you're going to need a premium membership to race in our club events & leagues, as explained over here.
As you can see when clicking "Premium" at the top of the page, there are various plans available - while all of them are a fair deal, the yearly plan is, of course, the most cost-effective one at 20€. Currently running 3 races a week in the R07 club, this is less than 13ct/race :)
If you're unsure however, you might wanna go for the 1-month plan at 2,50€ to see what it's like over here :)

Apart from the racing license, the premium membership grants you various other advantages explained over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%