RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I am not happy that I missed this. I hope it gets back asap!
On the other hand, I have raced a lot at Daytona (the 24Hr layout) with GTR2,
and also recently watched the Rolex 24Hr event (Tudor Championship), so that should count for something :whistling:

For the most part, it's fast track.
A few corners requires 2nd or 3rd gear, depending on your set gear ratio.
I have really no idea when it comes to passing points though, so that should be interesting :whistling:

@John Grant Have you followed the instructions in the resource:
INSTALLATION UPDATE !!! !!! !!!
Unzip the exe file to the desktop or downloads folder
When running the exe do not use the default location.
Use instead your C:\Programs\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Race07\Gamedata\
Locations

The exe was written for an earlier version of steam that put Race07 in a different location.
Use the "search" window in the lower left corner of windows to find where the exe has put your extracted fie and either move it to the correct folder or delete it and extract the content of the zip file to the correct location.

Quali: Decent lap for 8th

Race 1: Made a good start to get 6th, and was surprised by the fact I was pulling away from the chasing pack at up to a second a lap initially! Was slowly falling off the lead pack though. After about 5(?) laps, @Daniel Linder lost it in the final turn, and I took 5th, which I kept to the end :)

Race 2: Another good start, round the outside of @Björn in turn 1, but still ended up 4th after @Reggie Blain took us both on the inside. Then on lap 2, got a bad line through the last turn and dropped two places. Gained a place when someone dropped out (forget who), and was chasing @Daniel Linder. However, on the penultimate lap, my PC spazzed out briefly; my screen went black out of the tight right at the top of the hill (before the turn with the red & white kerb), and I lost the place to @Peter Ell.

So much action on the track, great stuff!

After my connection apparently got back to normal yesterday evening, this turned out to be its testing ground, and I'd say it passed ;)
Lacking any practice whatsoever due to the internet issues and the resulting non-motivation (& some V8 event on Sunday ;)), I got onto the server not expecting too much - I picked up some speed, but the fast guys were miles ahead.
Happily racing along in the midfield, I went into quals with race fuel (has been a while!) and got P7.

I then proceeded to entirely screw up the start. I must've accidentally hit "2" and was now missing my RPM meter, which greatly irritated me. Oh well. Now at the back of the field, it soon was time to win back some positions, with @Reggie Blain Snr being the first one and both @EireGreen™ and @Alex Odell (not pictured, whoops!) followed after some action in the tricky part of the circuit.
UpKvqZ5.jpg

Unfortunately, with @Peter Ell and @Nelson Ullinskey getting intimate at the final turn and me trying to avoid the carnage, Alex and I had to take a small detour and he might've bent his suspension in the process.
Soon enough, @Dennis Phelan popped up ahead and we had a nice fight for quite a few laps...
M7pLgFV.jpg

...until I touched his rear left ever so slightly going into that naaaarrow hairpin - alas, it seemed to be enough to get him around.
However, I won back both that position and the one from Michael (who had slipped through while waiting) and brought home P7, which I was fairly happy with, considering the start and my 1-week-rustiness :D
NoouWgz.jpg

Along came race #2, and I had to start from 2nd place, oh my.. while I was still amazed by @Daniel Linder's fantastic start, both @Matthias and @RaceProUK (you've picked up some speed lately, Dave, wow!) got by and @Reggie Blain and @Aaron Channer didn't wait too long to follow their example - scary stuff!
hauuOmg.jpg

Soon afterwards, I missed my braking point into the hairpin and got Aaron sideways - sorry about that! :(
Once again at the back, it was time to reclaim positions, again - carrying speed out of the first turn, I got by Reggie Snr first...
hjls4Lb.jpg

...and when I spotted carnage involving Michael and Nelson ahead, two more positions seemed cleared, but instead of grabbing them, I locked up the brakes and t-boned Nelson... arrrgh.. sorry, mate :(
G8iRtZ7.jpg

However this made for a fantastic fight throughout the remainder of the race, even more so as we were joined by Alex soon afterwards.
OxldfCh.jpg

Catching up with Reggie Snr on-road and getting by Michael, who was off-road, we switched around positions every now and then...
F3qQeXs.jpg

...until some.. minor and not so minor mishaps tore the pack apart a bit - it seemed like Nelson had it.
dhTFnCF.jpg

But behold, smoke ahead! Indeed, it was Nelson and when he locked up his brakes approaching "the house", I got by - great stuff, thanks, you two! :)
xhaNepl.jpg

And of course, thanks for racing, everyone else, as well! See you next time!

This event, pure win.

My first race since early/middle December, and did indeed feel little rusty. So i decided to join the server 30 min - 1H before P2, to get the feeling for the game once again. Track itself is not unknown to me, but last time I raced on it must been like 8-10 years ago. After some tweaks here and there, I had at least a stable setup. Wasn't 100% happy with it thou, but I noticed if I could somehow hit the right spots in a few corners I would be fine. But that is easer said than done. One lap I was spot on, and the next I was out of sync. Nothing major, but still slightly off-line.

Managed to steal 4th place in Quali, and that gave my confidence a boost.

Race 1: As far as I can tell, all top 5-6 drivers (?) had fairly good start, so at T1, it was packed with cars.
Some paint trading happen, and in general in was little difficult to find a decent line, since there were cars on both side of me. A few corners later, I managed to steal 3rd, from @Aaron Channer when we manage to trade some more paint. On lap 4 or 5, my biggest fear came true when I touched that little edge on the last minor right hander (the one that leads to the left hander before start/finish straight) and my car had a small trip to a greener land. When I finally manage got back on track, I was in 6th place. Sadly, I received the infamous suspension damage, so my car acted funny through the whole race. I was still somewhat able to at least close the gap to @RaceProUK, but were never able to really be a real threat to him.
But we had a good battle anyway. Finished in 6th place as well.

Race 2: I must had executed my best start ever. Started 3rd, but flew past @Björn who was in 2nd place. 1-2 seconds later before T1, I also passed @Peter Ell. I managed to hold P1 for 6 laps, but @Matthias and @Reggie Blain were constantly breathing down my neck, and on lap 7 they both passed me. On lap 11, @Arunas passed me, when my tires started to worn out. Not strange at all, since we had a fierce battle between us. Aaron was behind Arunas as well, so there where no time to relax. So now I had to battle Aaron instead. On the same lap though, me and Aaron clashed together, which made us both visit the sand trap. Sadly, Aaron got turned around and might possible received damage to his car(?), since he ESC'd. But I were still able to continue without to much hassle.

As usual, my tires were started to worn out like nuts, but I still managed to finish in 4th, and overall I'm happy with the event.

Thank you guys!

A doctors appointment meant I missed practice, noot having spent much time preparing for theevent I had a car that was driveable anad not much track knowledge. Last place in P2 and last place as far as the running cars in quali. I knew It was just going to be a fun ride.

Incidents in both races gave me opportunities to drive among friends for some close encounters of the masses! Great stuff all arounfd the track. Sorry for any bumps given out. When I hit the magic wall and and my motor puked I was happy to do some kind of commentary. I hope it was interesting.

Sorry for not having the download link available, I can remember thinking I had to install it. Luckily it's in the other event flyers.
Warmup was missing, I really have to proofread my DS setting.
Always nice to see the crowd on TS every event!

Quick question , why cant i reply on the new annual subs thread? Says I don't have permission?
I'll be buying by the way , no brainer for me in the UK , £1.25/mth , . This has to be done by 01/03/15

Damo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline