Retail owners of GTR, GTR 2, and GT Legends

Peter

who cares
Retail owners of GTR, GTR 2, and GT Legends

Share this picture on Facebook.
12th
Dec
Hello Friends,
It’s been requested many times, and we’re happy to say that if you own a retail copy of GTR, GTR 2, or GT-Legends you can add digital versions of these games permanently to your Steam game library at no charge.
Times, technology, and operating systems have changed since these games were released, but your passion and dedication to race gaming has kept them alive. It is your love for racing that brought this goodwill gesture forth, and we hope you will continue to enjoy these games for years to come.
We are pleased to extend the life of these classic games which are so intricately tied to SimBin’s history. For GTR 2, however, we are not able to provide all of the content from the retail version in this digital release.
The digital versions of GTR, GTR 2, and GT Legends are available now. To add these games to your Steam game library you’ll need the multiplayer lobby code which was provided with your retail version. Navigate in the Steam menu to: Games > Activate a product on Steam, then follow the prompts until you are asked to enter your *code.
*Please note: You will need to enter your code without the dashes.
Example:
DZC9Z7S-HWPSJNC-3CAXTG8-KGZJ3VC
Will be entered as
DZC9Z7SHWPSJNC3CAXTG8KGZJ3VC
Enjoy!
//The Insider Team

Well....

For GTR 2, however, we are not able to provide all of the content from the retail version in this digital release. = GTR2 Steam version has blind a lot Icon car like Ferrari and Porsche...:poop:

Well... included Maserati MC12, I have no idea how they could stick MC12 pics on their news.

GTR2steam.jpg

I have same thinking like you.
But I have loaded my good old replay files that included Ferrari and Porsche.

Could go into Replay mode smoothly. However, these vehicle became black only.

Until I replce all DLL & EXE from DVD version.

The Ferrari/Porsche thing must be an issue - what happens when playing online with people with the (original) retail version?

Apparently the files for the cars are still there, but they're just disabled by the exe or something... What a pity...

So here's a question: why can GTR1 and GTL have Ferraris and Porsches?

There was a discusion at Raceroom in febuari about somebody bought a new version in Brasil, it was boxed with no Ferrari on it.
Must be a stupid Ferrari licence thing.

Yeah, what a pity :(

Looks like I'll go and buy the retail version instead (don't ask why I haven't already - I don't know myself :p). I'll make sure I get an Aussie one with all of the cars :D

Or we could wait and see if someone makes a 'patch'... :suspicious:

Another thought - maybe this is why the original GTR is more expensive on Steam than GTR2 :D

I went out to the Fraser Valley for a drive with gf and kid and while we were out there we stopped in at a London Drugs to do a bit of shopping. I found a copy of GTR2 for $9.99 CDN but when i went to go pay for it the price was reduced to $2.99!!!!!

Now i have 2 copies of GTR2, just installing new one to my other pc :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years