Restrict specific cars to specific users in AC Server

abecede

Hosting AC races from time to time here on RD.
Premium
I often host races on my dedicated AC server, and I feel comfortable editing server_cfg.ini and entry_list.ini config files.

So for a new format I want certain racers to use specific cars, which should in theory work with using GUID=some_steam_id in each [CAR_x] group in entry_list.ini - maybe with a [BOOK] entry in server_cfg.ini and PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=0

But as much as I tried, I cannot get this thing to work. Either I can choose any car (which defeats the purpose) or (in booking mode) Content Manager tells me that the server is full, even if nobody's on there and my steam GUID is set correctly for a vehicle.

Can someone point me to a valid server setup that can handle what I want to do? The standard AC Dedicated Server Manual did not help me at all here...

Solution
I often host races on my dedicated AC server, and I feel comfortable editing server_cfg.ini and entry_list.ini config files.

So for a new format I want certain racers to use specific cars, which should in theory work with using GUID=some_steam_id in each [CAR_x] group in entry_list.ini - maybe with a [BOOK] entry in server_cfg.ini and PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=0

But as much as I tried, I cannot get this thing to work. Either I can choose any car (which defeats the purpose) or (in booking mode) Content Manager tells me that the server is full, even if nobody's on there and my steam GUID is set correctly for a vehicle.

Can someone point me to a valid server setup that can handle what I want to do? The standard AC Dedicated Server Manual...
I believe simracingGP will give you the results you want. Some say its a hassle but it works. Players have to register on there with their steam credentials and then register with the car they want to use. After that they cannot join with a different car than they registered with.

Yes, I'm a member there. But I need to do it with my own server editing the .ini files. simracingGP do not support the format I'd like to use, meaning my server decides the cars for the drivers by some algorithms. So if someone from simracingGP reads this and would be inclined to share this little secret, I'd be as happy as a clam.

Hmmm... I **think** I've found the issue.
When using GUID= in entry_list.ini, then DRIVERNAME must also be filled correctly, aka identical to steam GUID's current username.

I'll dig a bit deeper. Maybe there's even a way to restrict only certain people to a car, and leave other spots open for anyone to join.

Can someone point me to a valid server setup that can handle what I want to do? The standard AC Dedicated Server Manual did not help me at all here...

To assign a driver to a specific "car & skin" that only allows that driver
to join the server using that one car successfully, do the following.

- Example: "entry_list.ini"
MODEL=tatuusfa1
SKIN=scheme_0
DRIVERNAME=
TEAM=
GUID=12345678912345678
BALLAST=0
RESTRICTOR=0

- Example: "server_cfg.ini"
LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=1

The "DRIVERNAME=" will be automatically populated by the drivers STEAM name or the
custom online name if activated in (CM) at the time the driver connects to the server.

LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=1
Allows only drivers who have their GUID=12345678912345678 assigned to a car in the
"entry_list.ini" will be able to join the server.
aka = No random public drivers can join the server.

Hope this gets you closer to the answers you're looking for.

Solution
To assign a driver to a specific "car & skin" that only allows that driver
to join the server using that one car successfully, do the following.

- Example: "entry_list.ini"
MODEL=tatuusfa1
SKIN=scheme_0
DRIVERNAME=
TEAM=
GUID=12345678912345678
BALLAST=0
RESTRICTOR=0

- Example: "server_cfg.ini"
LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=1

The "DRIVERNAME=" will be automatically populated by the drivers STEAM name or the
custom online name if activated in (CM) at the time the driver connects to the server.

LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=1
Allows only drivers who have their GUID=12345678912345678 assigned to a car in the
"entry_list.ini" will be able to join the server.
aka = No random public drivers can join the server.

Hope this gets you closer to the answers you're looking for.
But does this mean that driver can use only that car or only he can use that car and any other unlucked cars?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%