Resolution rFactor in Windows 7 64 bit

E

Ed Eering

• Ed Eering

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with a problem.

I recently upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit. Everything works fine but I can't set my resolution in rFactor no higher then 1280 x 768. Before I run rFactor in XP on 1900 x 1200 and never had any problems.

In windows 7 all my other games work well on the highest resolutions.

rfactor version: 1255 (new clean install)

Specs:
intel duo core E8600 (3.3 ghz)
2 x ATI 4870 in crossfire wiht the newest drivers (10.2)
4 GB RAM
directX 10

I already tryed:
new install,
old install from my backup files,
new videocard drivers
ect ect.

I would be grateful for any tips that can solve this.

Already thanks

Ed

When i install new VGA driver, rfactor video settings turns to default. There is a config file in rfactor root folder, maybe you should change resolution from there.
Like this.
MinimumVidRes=(800, 600)
MaximumVidRes=(8000, 6000)

• Ed Eering

Hi guys,

Thanks for your response. It had to do with the version of the rfConfig file. I had version 1.4 and the support team send me 1.5

I can have all the resolutions I want now. I'm a happy racer again :)

In case that others have the same probleem I 'll put the anwser from the support team in this topic with the link to the recent files.

Reaction rFactor support:
Hi,
Although Windows 7 is not officially supported, we have many people using it without issue. The most common issue is not having correct user access. When using Windows 7 with rfactor, ensure you have full administrator access (not just an administrator account). If you have problems running rfactor, right-click the rfactor.exe and select "Run As Administrator...".

As for your monitor issue:
First ensure you are using version 1.5 of rfConfig. If not, you can download it from the file repository:
http://files.imagespaceinc.com/1255/

If the problem persists:
rFconfig v1.5 simply queries the Operating System for all available resolutions. The most common cause of this issue is not having the correct monitor drivers installed. Ensure that you have the correct monitor drivers installed and that they are compatible with your operating system (Windows 7 monitor drivers). If your monitor driver does not support that specific OS, it could cause problems. Make sure you don't just have the Windows default Plug n Play monitor drivers installed.

John
Image Space Incorporated
rFactor | Technical Support Team

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years