Reshades?

Lately I've come across several videos about Assetto Corsa which claim to be ultrarealistic using a program called Reshade. The truth is that the videos displayed in Youtube look very realistic, but I wonder if the result when you are in front of your monitor is the same. Now, what's with all this new rave about Reshade? Isn't this the same that the old SweetFX did? Is this safe to install for Assetto Corsa (and easy to remove in case of problems or if you change your mind)? Does this really work with VR? Does this kill performance or is it unaffected, as some say?

Last edited:
I had a dabble using the shade stuff that comes with geforce experience - think it's the same sorta thing as reshade if not the same. It added 5-6 to my main t with one car on the grey stuff so I didnt bother with it. Yeah, Assetto maybe looked ever so slightly better with it (I tried it pre-sol) but not enough to keep it and now with Sol etc...not sure whether it's needed - I found using a good ppfilter did it for me. Yep, I think it's like sweetfx, again, if not sweetfx. I think maybe using the geforce experience version is simpler to install and uninstall but of course you need to be on the Nvidia bandwagon to use their version. Could be wrong with all the aforementioned though, I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

Last edited:
Lately I've come across several videos about Assetto Corsa which claim to be ultrarealistic using a program called Reshade. The truth is that the videos displayed in Youtube look very realistic, but I wonder if the result when you are in front of your monitor is the same. Now, what's with all this new rave about Reshade? Isn't this the same that the old SweetFX did? Is this safe to install for Assetto Corsa (and easy to remove in case of problems or if you change your mind)? Does this really work with VR? Does this kill performance or is it unaffected, as some say?
I'm interested in this too. I don't really understand what it is?
ULTRA GRAPHICS RESHADE is the YouTube channel that I've been seeing these videos. 'Photorealistic' is a word that seems to have been thrown around for years but some of these videos of AC 'gameplay' are *truly* photorealistic!

Last edited:
I have dabbled with reshade, and whilst you can make things look nice, it does mean a bit of a hit in fps. Great for replays etc. That being said what some consider "realistic" simply means a bit of a cinematic gloss and a lot of blur, so don't believe all you see on youtube

Does anyone here know if the files that are listed in the YouTube videos by ULTRA GRAPHICS RESHADE can be found here on the Race Department website? The reason I ask is that when I tried one of the links in his video description I received an instant website blocker by my MalwareBytes add on for Google Chrome saying the site was listed as malicious. Whether that's true or not, I had no intention of bypassing the warning and taking any chances. I was hoping to find them here, but I'm not sure how to do so. Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Today, a YT video popped up in my 'recommendations'. It was a 911 RSR screaming around a track day somewhere. It took me a while to realise it was real footage! I thought it was one of these reshade videos. I think this is the first time I was genuinely 'fooled' in this way. It wasn't until a close up of a spectator that I realised.

I know it does work in DCS flysim in VR mode, so I guess also for AC. Google for Github and search inside Github for FHolger (person) it is a German developer with the name Holger Frydrych.
Check his software because he did made Reshade available for VR.

A link to the reshade preset would be usefull.

Thanks in advance!
I tried one of the links in his video description on YouTube and I received an instant website blocker by my MalwareBytes software add on for Google Chrome saying that the site was listed as malicious. Whether that's true or not, I had no intention of bypassing the warning and taking any chances. I was really hoping to find them here, but I don't think they are. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%