Reshade Preset for RBR

I did a reshade preset a while ago and thought someone might be interested into using it as well. it was made to add a bit of depth to the lights with more natural colors. Its balanced towards peformance while using a look up table (LUT) for the main color corretion work.

Download & Instructions are found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QPXnITh3Sw0bQmrs188ejkJm_GId7wNk

1joChQA.jpg

zCLFonu.jpg

M08If4N.jpg

kEeBmWe.jpg

9lm6983.jpg

Let me know what you think. :)

Last edited:
I need to update a few settings as I noticed the depth buffer is not correctly set up for the recent versions causing that the PPFX And the ReflectiveBumpmapping is not working as it should.

@hawkezz do you have a screenshot how it looks like? did you disable reshade to see if it works normaly without it?
Well, gamer19 showed exactly how it looks, just pure sky, but it doesn't happen at all the tracks, some certain ones but haven't figured out what exactly causes that.
I just installed 1.15 and everything works, so will wait for the fix :)

@gamer19 & @hawkezz
Tested the affected tracks and could fix the issue that was caused due to loading reshade to late. Fixed as well the visual glitches with AO effects enabled.

Update 1.6.2
- Removed wininet.dll from the plugin folder as it caused issues loading a few tracks. Instead used the asi loader
as version.dll placed in the root again.
- Fixed Ambient occlusion shader to incorrectly darkening the image and fixed depth range.

Tried to install it once again but seems like it doesn't load anymore at all, like one person described few comments back. No reshade loading or anything at all even tho everything is installed like you said in the read me file.

@hawkezz & @Escalator You can try to rightclick the version.dll supplied with the mod and check the box to allow execution. I guess this might block its loading. I tested the latest RBR reshade version with the hungarian mod and it worked for me on all tracks I tested.

1643107192537.png

Last edited:
I cant get it work. no shift+f2 no ctrl+any those keys.
I play with valve index and raden rx6800xt, newest hugnarian version. I just copied to those files to rbr dir.
Should I do that part "Setup VR Settings in VRToolkit:" also ? there isnt any reshade button in steamvr dashboard.

Last edited:
I dont use it anywhere else. I just copied those files.
version.dll to P:\Richard Burns Rally and all other to P:\Richard Burns Rally\Plugins
then started rallysimfans launcher with vr on. all plugins on:
1643653891564.png

still no reshade when pressing index button to get that dashboard (cant get screenshot from it)

Edit: I mean, this doesnt work "Open the SteamVR Dashboard and click on the ReShade Settings button. (Game needs to be started in VR"

Last edited:
@pumo sorry for the late reply. It seems that it was not working as the version.dll is not loaded for some people.

Updated the version to 1.6.3 where the version.dll is named to dinput8.dll. You can just rename the version.dll on your current installation to dinput8.dll. It should work then.

is there anyway to add HDR effect to make the game a little darker???
and can i run another d3d9.dll file along this reshade i used to have working clock guages with ENB all i had to do alter the enbseries.ini
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=1
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=d3d9GUAGES.dll

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years