F1 2013 Research and Development ALWAYS fails?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I've completed three R&D's at this point, all by a long shot (one was a total time of 8:40 and I got 8:19, this most recent was three consecutive laps under 1:40 and they were all 1:33-1:34), but ALL of them have said "COMPONENT UNAVAILABLE: This component has failed. Due to its rarity it is not currently available... "
It set itself to the "Aggressive" path and I can't change that. Am I doing something wrong or is it purely bad luck?

If you are the number 2 driver, you don't get to choose the R&D path, the number 1 driver chooses (for the whole team). The number 1 driver with also get any new parts before you.

If the aggressive path is chosen (by anyone), the chances of failure of a new part is higher. However if it doesn't fail, then you have received your new part earlier than any other path.

Swings and roundabouts :)

No problem :)

I should have also mentioned that with the aggressive path, the likely gains are probably better (if it doesn't get delayed by failure).

For example, whilst the normal/conservative path might result in let's say 5% better downforce quite soon, the aggressive path might enable you to reach 10% better downforce in the same amount of time, if the part(s) work.

Yes, I noticed that, when the part(s) worked, but I only got one part working immediately, and some parts working sometimes only 2 GPs later, and others not at all. But, as you stated above, it probably was because I am the 2nd driver for Ferrari (in career mode).

So, now I know the reasons why, and it's fine (close to RL).

You can be sure that right now, just about every team apart from Mercedes (in real life), is feeling that very same pain/annoyance :D

They're back in Europe with their lovely shiny new parts, and they're 30 - 60 seconds behind the leaders

R&D theory/simulation, doesn't always work in practice :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%