AC *Rescheduled for 26th* Renault R.S.01 Trophy @ Tor Poznan - Wednesday 19th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had a bit of practice this morning on the server to work on my setup. I found that the setup that I started with would understeer quite a bit and I had a hard time feeling what the brakes were doing. I moved the brake bias back a few clicks and upped the abs (so that it interferes less). I also increased the diff coast a bit to help with corner entry. Still was having a lot of understeer so I softened the front arb and lessened the camber and increased the positive toe. That helped with the understeer quite a bit, but I was getting a lot of oversteer on corner exit (I put tc on 10) so I lessened the camber and increased positive toe on the rear. Overall grip was pretty good at this point so I decreased the aero.
If I had more time I might spend some time messing with the rebound and dampers as I didn't touch those settings.

Rs01 is the setup I started with and the Modified designation indicates the setup I would have used in the race...

Attachments

• rs01 Race department modified.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 62
  • rs01.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 59
Sorry to see you had to cancel John, unfortunately I've had zero spare time these past couple of weeks with the upcoming house sale etc and I suspect I'll struggle to squeeze in very many events in the near future until we move and everything settles down a bit but fingers crossed I'll get time to do the odd event.

Ah, that's a shame. I had just downloaded the car and track when I spotted the updated thread title :(
I had a bit of practice this morning on the server to work on my setup. I found that the setup that I started with would understeer quite a bit and I had a hard time feeling what the brakes were doing. I moved the brake bias back a few clicks and upped the abs (so that it interferes less). I also increased the diff coast a bit to help with corner entry. Still was having a lot of understeer so I softened the front arb and lessened the camber and increased the positive toe. That helped with the understeer quite a bit, but I was getting a lot of oversteer on corner exit (I put tc on 10) so I lessened the camber and increased positive toe on the rear. Overall grip was pretty good at this point so I decreased the aero.
If I had more time I might spend some time messing with the rebound and dampers as I didn't touch those settings.
Rs01 is the setup I started with and the Modified designation indicates the setup I would have used in the race...
Ah just logged onto Teamspeak wondering why nobody was online
It's a great combo John. Unfortunately, I've had toothache for the last few days, & as I found out yesterday afternoon, a HMD (VR) pressed against my face doesn't help matters - quite the opposite :confused:. So if you decide to put the combo on again I will definitely sign up for the race.
I really like the combo too. Just had to go look at a "new" car for the family. Bought it.
Ready for this combo again :thumbsup:
Sorry to see you had to cancel John, unfortunately I've had zero spare time these past couple of weeks with the upcoming house sale etc and I suspect I'll struggle to squeeze in very many events in the near future until we move and everything settles down a bit but fingers crossed I'll get time to do the odd event.

Huge thanks for your response guys, seems like the perfect storm!... it's summer, signups are historically low, and health is affecting many of us - on top of that I've been snowed under with work, so my sincere apologies for not responding as quick as I should (restored gin cabinets are so popular, now, of all times wtf!???:roflmao:).

Have rescheduled the same event for next week - I know some of you put practice and time in and would hate to waste that - big thanks to Jason @pretend racer for the setup too, thank you matey:thumbsup:

@pattikins ouch!, hope the toothache is gone! @Locoblade wishing you well with the move buddy, see you soon:thumbsup:

Thanks again all, and as it says in the description, tag a mate in:thumbsup: Mine: only if you're free matey @Kek700 I need your understeer cure:p:laugh:

Event now rescheduled for next Weds

Last edited:
I have moved home John , now down in Kent.
As yet no internet, will be moving again soon to Rochester Kent, so will have to wait a while longer for internet connection there too.
Wife gave up her job at Red Bull, so that explains the move. She has moved from F1 to Military avionics. :):(
I get on well with the Rs.01, would have enjoyed this event, alas no internet, no go.

I have moved home John , now down in Kent.
As yet no internet, will be moving again soon to Rochester Kent, so will have to wait a while longer for internet connection there too.
Wife gave up her job at Red Bull, so that explains the move. She has moved from F1 to Military avionics. :):(
I get on well with the Rs.01, would have enjoyed this event, alas no internet, no go.
Good luck with the move Ernie, hope all goes well for it, and your wife's new job - sounds interesting! See you soon I hope :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%