Request to have flashback on this game like F1 2013 ??

So i can flashback & practice again & again any tricky corner right away without go thru the whole track again, quite a huge time saving feature if this include in the game later.
Thanks for the concern :coffee:

Not going to happen I'm afraid. Kunos is a group of guys aiming for maximum immersion when it comes to simracing. Since you can't do flashbacks in real life, well I think you get the point...
Yeah make sense i guess but then why ideal racing line / automatic braking / automatic throttle blip is in the game ?? Do we have these thing in real life ?? Also are we drive in chase cam / hood cam / bumper cam as well ??

Not mean to argue with your point but If "maximum immersion" is the reason then pls remove all those feature that i mention above as well then i got nothing else to say :coffee:

All in all this is just a game, no matter how true or real it is.

Maybe for races when there are some vs the AI, but I'd not like to see flashbacks in hotlaps/practice. A hotlap should be when you put all the corners together in a nice sequence, hook everything up. Just my personal opinion, of course.

Maybe for races when there are some vs the AI, but I'd not like to see flashbacks in hotlaps/practice. A hotlap should be when you put all the corners together in a nice sequence, hook everything up. Just my personal opinion, of course.

I hope to have flashback when i practice alone, with flashback i can re-practice the same corner for at least 5 times in one minute otherwise i have to spend at least 1~ 2min go the whole track again for every single attempt, thats very time consuming.

By the way i never use flashback in qualfying / racing / hotlap agaisnt AI, i dont cheat that way. I only want flashback to save time when i practice any lap.

Reactions: Nox
flashback, a cheat you dont need to press a combo on yer gamepad or type in a code to activate :)
It not a cheat if you use it the right way. If you use it when you make a mistake in a race yes its a cheat, if you use it for a "perfect" hotlapping world time record yes its a cheat.
But its a very useful feature for anyone who want to practice the same corner again & again without need to waste so many times for coming back to that corner.
I hope my english is understandable.

Well I think the biggest drawback for me would be the fact that a fast time isn't done by practicing one corner over and over. For me it's all about being as smooth as possible from corner to corner and incorperating everything that makes a great lap...fuel load, tyre temps/ wear weight distribution etc. Also I think that you can't drive enough full laps :)
As for the other aids you mentioned... you will find very little pure simracers that use them but i think to make the game more accessible for a larger audience they are in there...

I can see a place for it in practice mode, especially on a track like Nordschleife where it'll be nearly ten minutes before you see that corner again.

I don't know how much it'll help you though, being forced to go around the whole track again will force you to really remember your mistake and redoing one corner over and over again would I think break the flow you need to have throughout the track.

Well I think the biggest drawback for me would be the fact that a fast time isn't done by practicing one corner over and over. For me it's all about being as smooth as possible from corner to corner and incorperating everything that makes a great lap...fuel load, tyre temps/ wear weight distribution etc. Also I think that you can't drive enough full laps :)
As for the other aids you mentioned... you will find very little pure simracers that use them but i think to make the game more accessible for a larger audience they are in there...

I think you misunderstood my point, i do know fast time isn't just done by practicing one corner over and over, i do know it's all about being as smooth as possible from corner to corner. The reason i want flashback so that i can focus on practice any DIFFICULT corner again & again without waste time go thru all other easy corner first ... if a track has 18 corners but 3 DIFFICULT corners then i usually will focus to practice that 3 corners first then only full lap after i at least 70% confident on that 3 corners.

I talking about time efficiency here when practising any track or car, its fine if you like to go thru all that 18 corners everytime but i believe i prefer flashback to focus on some corners first before go full lap practice.

It would be pretty stupid to waste resources to make such a arcade feature to this sim imo. If you really can't spend 1-2 mins to go around the track problem is somewhere else than in the game, again imo.

I think you misunderstood my point, i do know fast time isn't just done by practicing one corner over and over, i do know it's all about being as smooth as possible from corner to corner. The reason i want flashback so that i can focus on practice any DIFFICULT corner again & again without waste time go thru all other easy corner first ... if a track has 18 corners but 3 DIFFICULT corners then i usually will focus to practice that 3 corners first then only full lap after i at least 70% confident on that 3 corners.

I talking about time efficiency here when practising any track or car, its fine if you like to go thru all that 18 corners everytime but i believe i prefer flashback to focus on some corners first before go full lap practice.
Nope totally got your point. Just gave you my point of view... :)

I can see a place for it in practice mode, especially on a track like Nordschleife where it'll be nearly ten minutes before you see that corner again.

I don't know how much it'll help you though, being forced to go around the whole track again will force you to really remember your mistake and redoing one corner over and over again would I think break the flow you need to have throughout the track.

Dont underestimate this feature, at least it work very well for me. I dont have much time to play racing game but i have no problem to beat many player who driving a better tier car in F1 2013 driving just a Marussia if we compare each other's qualifying time.
Also there only a few people who are faster than me in GRID 2, in fact so far i only found one.
So how i can be that fast by only play on & off 1 to 2 hours between every few days ?? The flashback is the answer, it really work very well for me.

It would be pretty stupid to waste resources to make such a arcade feature to this sim imo. If you really can't spend 1-2 mins to go around the track problem is somewhere else than in the game, again imo.
So tell me why a sim has all these "ideal racing line / automatic braking / automatic throttle blip / chase cam / hood cam / bumper cam as well"
Why all that can be in a sim but flashback cant ?? Whats wrong to have a feature that improve time efficiency for anyone who need it ??
Again, this is a game no matter how sim is it. So if flashback is stupid to be in this game then they should remove all that "ideal racing line / automatic braking / automatic throttle blip / chase cam / hood cam / bumper cam" because that make the game arcade too.

I never use flashbacks in games, because it's just a personal preference. That said, I am all for the inclusion of this feature if other people would get use out of it. Why not?? It doesn't impact you. Just don't allow the feature to be used in a manner that impacts others (multiplayer, leaderboards, etc).

I have to believe a popular reason for someone being against it is because they feel adding such a feature might 'dumb down' the game in some way. I think that's silly. Where does that logic end? Why have any driving assists then? Why have all these great apps available in game? Why have the ability to hit esc and click restart? etc etc.

Why would you imply that someone wanting a feature that you don't want means there is something wrong with them? If you only want to allow the things that you want to be in the game, that says something more about you than the person who would like the feature.

Considering i still go back to gtr2 to use the driving school which in there you can do a sequence of corners in a test over and over again, i kind of did the same thing as what you do LazyBug,
i think guys here flash back and think arcade but if you called it a learning feature like drive school were you can pick any corner and car from any track in the game and practice it like a driving school,
I see no problem with that at all it would be a cool learning feature, so as a flashback would do the same thing
why not. that's what practice mode is about, being able to practice.

So tell me why a sim has all these "ideal racing line / automatic braking / automatic throttle blip / chase cam / hood cam / bumper cam as well"
Why all that can be in a sim but flashback cant ?? Whats wrong to have a feature that improve time efficiency for anyone who need it ??
Again, this is a game no matter how sim is it. So if flashback is stupid to be in this game then they should remove all that "ideal racing line / automatic braking / automatic throttle blip / chase cam / hood cam / bumper cam" because that make the game arcade too.

Those are already implemented. Adding the feature you requested would be waste of time imo. There's more important stuff to concentrate to atm. If you can't handle my opinion, well tough.

Yeah make sense i guess but then why ideal racing line / automatic braking / automatic throttle blip is in the game ?? Do we have these thing in real life ?? Also are we drive in chase cam / hood cam / bumper cam as well ??
Thats a very well raised point there. Never thought of it that way but you are totally right.:thumbsup:

We want a hardcore sim? Cockpit view only and only full race sessions online simulating a full racing weekend.

I am up for it :)

I never use flashbacks in games, because it's just a personal preference. That said, I am all for the inclusion of this feature if other people would get use out of it. Why not?? It doesn't impact you. Just don't allow the feature to be used in a manner that impacts others (multiplayer, leaderboards, etc).

I have to believe a popular reason for someone being against it is because they feel adding such a feature might 'dumb down' the game in some way. I think that's silly. Where does that logic end? Why have any driving assists then? Why have all these great apps available in game? Why have the ability to hit esc and click restart? etc etc.

Why would you imply that someone wanting a feature that you don't want means there is something wrong with them? If you only want to allow the things that you want to be in the game, that says something more about you than the person who would like the feature.

I love you Bro :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing