Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I think it's safe to write opinions!
I believe it is unfair to judge and recommend without possessing any competence!
Opinions do not influence the purchase of a game, the advice and judgments yes

PS: That RFPE Mod (like many other Mods) cannot be used online, everyone knows!
They say it in the first line of the Post to uppercase characters.

Please forgive my English

WRC 8.jpg

A new build of WRC 8 has been made available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC earlier today.

Having already set off from the blocks in pretty impressive style, Kylotonn Games have continued to work hard behind the scenes developing the official videogame of the 2019 World Rally Championship - with a fairly substantial new update for the game having dropped earlier today.

Focusing on bug fixes and game improvements, one of the key points of interest from the new build is arguably the improvements made to the career portion of the title. With Kylotonn 8 having already worked a substantial offline career mode into WRC 8 at game launch, the developers have spent the last few weeks listening to community feedback in order to further tweak and improve what is already a very solid and engaging aspect of the title.

Check out the full update notes for the new build below:
  • Fixed the issue where the pacenote timing was inverted.
  • Addition of meteorologist and engineer mistakes mails.
  • Fixed some crashs.
  • Fixed the “Race Master” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
  • Fixed the “WRC Champion” Xbox Achievement and PlayStation Trophy.
  • Fixed the British nationality name in the DriverCard.
  • Fixed the unorthodox path drones and helicopters could take.
  • Fixed the rear windscreen sticker location on the Legendary Volkswagen Polo R WRC.
  • Fixed the issue where the player’s WRC badge could not be displayed correctly.
  • Hard tyres are now forbidden in tryouts.
  • On Italy - Sardegna, the RedBull arch has been slightly moved to avoid aerial crashes.
  • The Interface has been polished.
  • The stages have been polished.
  • The water splash effects have been polished.
  • The Spectator Mode has been polished.
Career Mode
  • The user interface has been polished.
  • The Career Mode has been balanced.
  • Some Career objectives have been fixed.
  • Quick Play ghosts are no longer showed in Career Mode.
  • Difficulty can be change at the beginning of each new season, without restarting a career.
  • Manufacturer reputation for superior championships categories is now earned at the end of each rally and each season depending on the position.
Developers comment: Manufacturer reputation was previously earned only by completing Manufacturer events.
  • Difficulty of Extreme Events has been decreased
  • Starting value of manufacturer reputation and threshold of contract proposal has been tweak.

The new update should automatically download the next time you fire up the game on either Xbox One, PS4 or PC.

WRC 8 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For more from the world of WRC 8, join in with your fellow community members and head on over to the WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I enjoy WRC 8 for the driving experience, on wheel and pad, and the career mode for the single-player experience. I've had a ton of play value from the game.

However, it is a real B movie mess in terms of recurring errors and bugs, even after this patch. The bugs are far too many to mention but here are a few that pervade regardless of patching:

- Weather 100% wrong even with the 'Frog' perk card which is weather 100% correct for next rally, eg all dry sunny forecast, every stage rain.
- Staff members disappearing after rallies and on game restart.
- Conflicting objectives - short term 'don't use soft tyres', medium-term 'don't use hard tyres'
- Super Special Stage opponent car on-screen is not a representation of actual time achieved. The player car will report 'green' winning stage times and the AI car on the screen will be well ahead or even have finished the SSS.
- Do punctures ever happen in this game?
- AI cars never get penalties during rallies.

The list goes on and on.

However, all that said, I've bloody well enjoyed the stages and driving and am very nearly WRC champion in career mode. Sometimes bad can be good.

I haven't used RPFE , but I downloaded it once with the intention of trying. It was plainly splashed all over the download site you could be banned as cheater if used on online so you're not providing any info there. I didn't install it because I couldn't be bothered really (and DR seems aok as it is honestly) and I had just bought WRC 8, which seems fine to me. All racing game physics vary to some degree, and none are exactly like "reality" due to the fact they are models fed through a thin pipe of force feedback to trick your brain into pretending you're sitting in a car.

The quality of the FFB depends on a lot of factors, and can be a key part of your buying decision or just another element of gameplay to consider.

I judge things on hard evidence, not opinions, and you have no hard evidence to back up your assertions about RPFE or WRC 8 FFB, so that puts you firmly in the fanbois blather zone - which just makes you look silly with zero credibility.

Here's a thought that fanbois don't seem to get: It's entirely possible to have multiple racing sims installed and enjoy them all despite their differences.

Last edited:
...all that said, I've bloody well enjoyed the stages and driving and am very nearly WRC champion in career mode. Sometimes bad can be good.
Same here. Strangely enough... this game with all of it's bugs is still very enjoyable. :x3:
Mystery of some kind I guess.
Hopefully they'll eventually fix the fov so that it actually affects the interior of the car & not just the outside world.
+1
Wish they fix that too, really. But I know a guy who hate that weird FOV more than both off us together and he'll come to this thread, no doubt whatsoever. :p

"Hate" is such a strong and overused term.

If something as ultimately inconsequential as a weird feature implementation in a videogame really makes you hate it (or makes you think others hate it), you might be taking things a bit too seriously. Just saying.

I enjoy WRC 8 for the driving experience, on wheel and pad, and the career mode for the single-player experience. I've had a ton of play value from the game.

However, it is a real B movie mess in terms of recurring errors and bugs, even after this patch. The bugs are far too many to mention but here are a few that pervade regardless of patching:

- Weather 100% wrong even with the 'Frog' perk card which is weather 100% correct for next rally, eg all dry sunny forecast, every stage rain.
- Staff members disappearing after rallies and on game restart.
- Conflicting objectives - short term 'don't use soft tyres', medium-term 'don't use hard tyres'
- Super Special Stage opponent car on-screen is not a representation of actual time achieved. The player car will report 'green' winning stage times and the AI car on the screen will be well ahead or even have finished the SSS.
- Do punctures ever happen in this game?
- AI cars never get penalties during rallies.

The list goes on and on.

However, all that said, I've bloody well enjoyed the stages and driving and am very nearly WRC champion in career mode. Sometimes bad can be good.
I agree too. I wanted to say this too that the conflicting objectives is nonsense like the car condition too.
On SSS i notice this too I thought wtf, how i'm winning and i'm so much behind + this happens on stages to in some rally the 2nd finish +25sec behind me and is some other stages like in the Germany the 1st and 2nd is only -25sec faster that the others drivers+me too(WRC+WRC2 the time is the same).
And the AI, yes they never get penalties "the penalty system in this game is wrong,this is wrc not Formula 1" i saw only 1 time a broken car in the stage "the co-driver didn't say nothing"and the only thing that happens is the driver finish in the low place i don't remember exactly from 2nd to 11 or 10 i think.(Sorry for the English)

Hi,
I have issues with the game being stuttery. It's probably because of my 4 cores only CPU (6600k). Could someone with i7 disable HyperThreading and check how the games behaves on 4 cores only , and then enable hyper threading on compare. Would be grateful, because I'm considering changing CPU to i7.

Just for fun, because I really do like WRC 8, this is my favourite bug in the game...and yes it's still there after the latest patch.

All those stage miles without incident but can't park on the podium! :D

It's unlikely the lack of cores is the reason. The game only needs around 3 threads overall (2 fully utilized main ones and a few less utilized ones), so unless something demanding is running in the background at the same time, taking up more than 1 thread overall, you should be fine with 4 cores.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back