F1 2011 Replays

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
F1 2010's replays were terrible, not enough proper broadcast style camera angles and far too many of those dreaded Dirt style flying/spinning shots. I was hoping theu were gone for F1 2011 but when videos started to appear on youtube I feared the worst, well they are back with a vengeance.

From 6:30 theres a replay of Spa and it looks worse than last years version :mad:

I know many people dont care about replays but I've enjoyed watching them ever since racing games gave us the option to. I'd like to watch back my races from the perspective of a fan watching a race on a Sunday afternoon but CM insistance on these cartoon replays just ruins it. These flying cams dont give you the sense of speed the car carries through turns, doesn't clealry show you the lines you take and they just look naff pplain and simple. /rant

In all honesty, I find these complaints about replays utterly ridiculous and annoying. Seriously, do they affect the racing? No they don't so doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway. As well as this, they cannot be saved so they're completely unimportant. They show everything that you need to see so I don't see why so many people get so annoyed at them.

In all honesty, I find these complaints about replays utterly ridiculous and annoying. Seriously, do they affect the racing? No they don't so doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway. As well as this, they cannot be saved so they're completely unimportant. They show everything that you need to see so I don't see why so many people get so annoyed at them.

If you race in a league like may of us here do you come to realise their value.

Some of the after race post mortems and bickering could be easily resolved with a decent replay system.

I sometimes enjoy the post race handbags more than the racing itself....lol

The angles on the current replays show absolutely everything you need to see, plus from what I hear there's several angles you can choose from, you can easily solve such things with the current replay system.

In 2010 you cannot do a replay after a multi player race, so unfortunately we cant solve anything.

Will be nice to have in 2011 though, some people will no doubt be doing some really nice race edits.

I didn"t see any icon to change cars in the replay either,so the replay system in CM's F1 is crap just like last year.We've gotten so spoiled by ISI's great replay system,but they care more about racing than $.

I love CM's F1 so don't get me wrong.Just so used to being able to save replays and watch them later is great to me.Especially online races.Watching myself drive from the person behind me is very cool.Sorry if you hate replays but I love them.

Think people are being far too overdramatic and exaggerating it a bit. Am I the only one that thought they were good enough to see what you need to see? The only thing I'd have said needed improving was the length but everything else was fine.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%