Replay/video file format

Hi all, i'm sure this question has been asked before (i've had a good trawl through the archives but can't find an answer), so apologies in advance. How exactly do you export the replay/video files from RBR so that they can be converted to a more friendly format, and to be uploaded to YouTube. I see that they are .rpl files, but can't find a means of playing them outside the game or a converter to change them.

Any help appreciated

Dave.

Hi all, i'm sure this question has been asked before (i've had a good trawl through the archives but can't find an answer), so apologies in advance. How exactly do you export the replay/video files from RBR so that they can be converted to a more friendly format, and to be uploaded to YouTube. I see that they are .rpl files, but can't find a means of playing them outside the game or a converter to change them.

Any help appreciated

Dave.

No idea if that's possible. I always used Fraps.

yeah fraps would be the way to go, the reason you cant convert it to a video file is because the save file isnt a video format!
Its a game replay format that keeps simple info such as drive line, controller rates etc. so it doesnt take up much space or resorces when creating the file and hence why you can sometimes watch the replay with a different car pack in RSRBR.

So as said above use FRAPS its a simple free video recording program that doesnt take much to use and you can record whatever you have up on your screen at the time.

FRAPS can be found here http://www.fraps.com/

CORRECTION:
FRAPS trial version is free but should do what you want anyway, its $47 AUD for the full version!

Just a quick NOTE...
If you have Windows 10, you can hit [Windows Button] [Left SHIFT] [R] and windows will do same thing as FRAPS, if you don't want to be installing new software just for that.

To find your game clips and screenshots, select Start > Settings > Gaming > Captures, then under Captures location, select Open folder.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%