Replay location?

There is a replay folder within RT main directory. Files are generated there when you save a replay but if you delete all those files the replays will still show in the game. Anyone know where the replay files that show in-game are actually stored? You can do whatever you like it appears with the files in the replay folder and it does not affect the replays in-game whatsoever.

Just off-hand, I get slight stutters during certain stages of the game. Is there any particular setting on a Nvidia card that may cause this? I'll play with it later if need be and have found turning down sight distance appears to lessen the stutters. I'm running a GTX 970 so the card shouldn't have any problems dealing with RT.

...the stutters come with the particles, right? I read some time ago, that it might be eliminated by fiddling around with the "fog emulation table"-settings in the nVidia drivers. Didn't do it though, because the stutters (for me) only occure in the replays and are not that annoying. I play on an old Sony-Vaio laptop with Geforce Go7600.

The mistery with the replays... I noticed it at one point, but I don't know how it behaves now on my machine. Should test it this evening - stay tuned.
Did you delete the replay files, or did you delete the replays from within the menu?
What's for sure: RT doesn't store anything outside its installation folder and the registry-entries don't contain game data.

First stutters:
I've now turned my sight distance down to half. From the little I've tried at this setting no stutters. At full I had stutters, turning it to 3/4 they were less severe. Now at 1/2 they "appear" to be gone. I haven't played through enough stages to be certain by any means so will need to update this later on with more concrete results. The stutters appear quite random, not really sure what the trigger is. Anyhow, I'll update after I've played through enough stages to be certain.

Replays:
Super weird. I have deleted all the files from the replay folder, no files left in there. In-game the replays are still there and work. I have no idea what the replay files in the replay folder are actually for. I'm thinking the replays must actually be embedded in some other file within the game. No idea what's going on at this stage really.

Actually, on the stutters I may try something. I now play old games that were not intended for widescreen monitors on a 19 inch non widescreen monitor. I did initially install RT for a widescreen monitor and used the widescreen patch. Before I started playing again, I decided I didn't want to play widescreen so I removed the two files that made up the widescreen patch from my install. However, in the RT config manager widescreen resolutions are still showing so something was changed. I know widescreen patches can lead to all kinds of strange little quirks and things happening in games. I might just completely uninstall RT and re-install without the widescreen patch to see if it makes any difference with the stutters.

Ok, duh, found the replays! lol
There is a "replay" folder in the "data" directory but in the main game folder there is also a "savegame" folder. The replay files are in the savegame folder, I didn't even notice it as I was heading straight to the data folder looking for stuff in there.

Fine catch (the replay files)! What I always wanted to try (because my game is far from the original): driving a stage at full speed and highest possible perfection with a very powerful addon car (let's say the Renault 5 MaxiTurbo or the Lancia 037), then save the replay and change the car in the respective slot to something awfully slow (like the non-FTC-Mini or a Hillman Imp) and watch the replay :O_o:

Regarding the stutters: if there's no obvious trigger like the particle clouds in the replay, I suppose it's not really related to the graphics settings in the game! What system (Win XP? Win 7? Win 8.1/10?) are you playing on? I encountered such stutters for no obvious reason in Rallisport Challenge - the game ran incredibly smooth but suddenly was unplayable, only stuttering.
I could not eliminate the behaviour, but found out that often the operating system and not the graphics driver/card is the problem.
For RT, with your graphics card it should run flawless - what CPU do you have? My laptop is really the opposite of top-notch, a Core2Duo with 1,6 GHz, 2GB Ram, Geforce Go7600 with 256MB.
I play on Win XP and RT runsvery smooth at maximum settings, except those 2-3 seconds in replays, when the amount of particles exceeds a certain limit.
Possibility however: you drivers could be too up-to-date :D I don't know exactly what driver I use, but it is damn old - I don't experiment with graphics drivers. When I set my system up, I elaborate the optimal driver and never update it again. So it must be something like the Detonator 43.75 :cautious:

Anyway - try finding the "fog table emulation" in the advanced Geforce-settings and turn it off - see what happens. Report here! ;)

Last edited:
A bit late to this thread, but I have the same stuttering in RT and in Rallisport Challenge too. After tweaking Nvidia settings both games are running smooth enough now, but it's nothing like the butter-smooth gameplay I had with my old Radeon 7750 with drivers from 2012 and Win7 with updates from 2013. :/
Obviously it's "too new hardware/software" issue. Well I'll have to learn to live with that.

Last edited:
It appears only certain areas stutter a little. I've got them gone except from a few of these little places. The sun glare is common in a couple of them. Anyhow, not bothering me at all to be honest. Too busy having fun and keeping it on the track. lol

Last edited:
I've never had stutters from RT, on systems from XP to Win7 x64, cpu from single 2.2 gig to quad 3 gig, RAM from 512 meg to 8gig, vid cards from GeForce 4 Ti4400 256meg to GTX950 2gig. Except for initial problems in Vista this game has been trouble free for me. (FWIW, when Win7 is no longer a viable OS, I will learn Linux.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back