Replacing default skins

Just wonder if I by replacing default skins with modded ones it'll cause a mismatch in online play.
I really like to get rid of some nasty kunos skins.

Cheers
No it will not causing missmatches online. But the important thing is NOT changing the skin folder names of Kunos.
Just change the content of it with the skins of your liking.
So it will be possible to see the skins online instead to have a complete white BMW i.e.

One downside: After some updates (not at every one) or steam integrity checks part or complete skins will be replaced by the original onces.

• Deleted member 130869

To add to the responses, I recommend you use a program like JSGME (or better) to install content into your game but in a way that won't permanently overwrite, and when the game updates or you run integrity checks, you won't have to manually drag and drop anything. Look at an example here. I do it with car liveries and also content, and it works the same with other games.

As a side note, AC also has an option to serially load skins. This loads skins in alphabetical order by folder name. More applicable to single player (since the name is different), I've started placing a few zeros at the front of the folder name of all custom skins I install. This means they always get loaded before the default skins when applied to the AI.

I used to delete default skins, but with most updates they just got re-downloaded anyways so I do it this way now. Won't benefit you online at all, but for SP it works a charm.

Actually online the skins are all white, even if I kept the original folders.
Maybe I shoudn't overwrite the .json file.
It would be nice to get finally rid of some nasty default skins...
Its not related to the json files. I've done many tests and if just keep the original folders of Kunos its work fine for me since a long time.
What can happen: The host of the server use different skin (costum with different folder names) for all cars on the server. So you'll have the cars without liverys (white or red).
AFAIK you'll get entrys in the error log in this case. All livery related.

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited:
I have downloaded the RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 and installed via Content manager. Can I simply delete the existing skins and install a skin pack, or will this give me invisible AI drives when they select the skin I have deleted?

I have deleted the skins and it seems they are still available in content manager, however it can't load the skin. Is this enough or do I need to delete the option somewhere else?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%