Replacement physics for AC DTM 1991 Car Pack by Tommy78

Misc Replacement physics for AC DTM 1991 Car Pack by Tommy78 2

Login or Register an account to download this content
My FFB on general is weaker than KS cars last I checked, so you must have adjusted the numpad +- multiplier down and not noticed.

Either way it's not gonna be possible to make the settings perfect for people using lower end gear wheels, higher end belt wheels and DD wheels unless you try them all. You need to use the numpad at that point. Good thing it was included!

My FFB on general is weaker than KS cars last I checked, so you must have adjusted the numpad +- multiplier down and not noticed.

No, I've cheked my "cfg\user_ff.ini" and all VALUE=1.000

Your FFB (I mean FFMULT) might be weaker than Kunos cars but since it depends on suspensions and other parameters, that does not mean too much.

As I've said, KS cars are fine for me and on your M3 1986, I come very, very close to your FFMULT.
You are just wrong by presuming that all car variations should have the same FFMULT. Once some caracteristic of the car have been changed, FFMULT should be re-ajusted.

No, I've cheked my "cfg\user_ff.ini" and all VALUE=1.000

Your FFB (I mean FFMULT) might be weaker than Kunos cars but since it depends on suspensions and other parameters, that does not mean too much.

As I've said, KS cars are fine for me and on your M3 1986, I come very, very close to your FFMULT.
You are just wrong by presuming that all car variations should have the same FFMULT. Once some caracteristic of the car have been changed, FFMULT should be re-ajusted.
It's a matter of philosophy. I try to find a good baseline FFMULT and trust that the simulation does a good job of translating the changes. Of course, that's not necessarily always the case, so I understand your point. I've been thinking about it lately.

CSP is working on some code to be able to replicate 1:1 the actual steering forces (and more accurate SAT) of real unassisted and EPS cars as long as the physics are correct, but that will only really apply to DD wheel users. And most unassisted racecars won't be able to be replicated on even the best DD wheels.

I agree that something like stiffening steering rack bushings should increase the FFMULT, at least. But your probably mean changing it for usability.

:thumbsup: good posts, tho I don't think I'll change anything in the release. I got a SC2 Pro (at 100% in Truedrive and 20% FFB multiplier in AC), they all feel fine to me ingame and compared to the Kunos M3 and 190E which I took as baseline. Plus I pretty much made the Audi heavier on purpose to nerf it a little as its just faster than the other cars, and the Mustang lighter to mimic "muscle car" character.

Well, I don't ask something to be changed in the release ; I'm just in - almost, I guess - the same situation than Willco88.
So, I've shared the tweaks I'm using to fully enjoy the mod.

I guess I should open a new thread - if that doesn't already exist - for Fanatec CSW2.5 users and not polute this one. I know FFMULT can be managed with the +/- keypad but I'm used to unpack data.acd because there's something else I usually have to tweak in car.ini : ONBOARD_EXPOSURE
But that's another subject...

I don't if it is by design or not but with the Audi, removing the third wing in aero.ini tend to make the car loose grip in large turns (at high speed).
I've tried many times with and without at BlackCatCounty Long to verify this.

I don't if it is by design or not but with the Audi, removing the third wing in aero.ini tend to make the car loose grip in large turns (at high speed).
I've tried many times with and without at BlackCatCounty Long to verify this.
well the real DTM cars basically had no downforce, the little aero stuff they had were meant to reduce lift (the Audi early on was plagued with front end lift)

Did I accidently delete the third aero element on the Audi? (I can't check right now) The three cars all had four elements, a "guerney flap" was the fourth, but I deleted them to simplify and reduce aero overall as the cars had way too much downforce.

Has anyone here tried Tommy's last update, which gives the cars actual unique suspension?

I only did a quick check on the Omega and the Mustang to see if he just used mine (you never know, I had to be sure), and it doesn't look like it, just now he uses the correct suspension type per car. His Omega should have heaps of bump steer on the rear.

@smurth
@Wilco88

Contemplating buying this pack from Tommy78 - anyone have any feedback on the latest physics included in the pack and if it's worth doing anything to update it???

Contemplating buying this pack from Tommy78 - anyone have any feedback on the latest physics included in the pack and if it's worth doing anything to update it???
Models and sounds are ok, but physics wise I'm not impressed. If you want good vintage DTM cars, go to Raceroom and get the DTM 1992 pack - it's superior to these mods.

Models and sounds are ok, but physics wise I'm not impressed. If you want good vintage DTM cars, go to Raceroom and get the DTM 1992 pack - it's superior to these mods.
It's been a while, I remember thinking that Tommy did some eyeballing based on my physics, but at least his E30 had absolutely wrong physics in one release, as it had "forward facing trailing arms" because Tommy understood photos wrong :rolleyes:

I think my physics here overall are still better, but I couldn't solve the jitter on the Audi :(

I really enjoyed Kyuubeey's physics mods when he had them posted. After I had reinstalled AC due to some problems I came to download them again, only to notice he'd taken them down.

Does someone still have the physics mod AccAkut had recommended to use for the E30? Could you share it?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years