Replacement for Logitech G27?

TIME TO UPGRADE. I don't think I'll be buying another Logitech product. I've had it with the G27. In the past 5 years, I have bought 2 of them and both sets have crapped out. I would rebuild but cannot find spare parts.

My needs are very simple. I have a computer which is dedicated to running Assetto Corsa alone... nothing else. I would like to buy a new wheel/pedals/shifter package set to replace the Logitech with but have no idea what is available, what works with the Assetto Corsa or what is not a pile of crap. Load cell brakes would be a plus.

Suggestions around $500 - $1,000 (USD) +/- would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance ...

Last edited:
Thanks Cyberbug, but I think I'm done with Logitech and am ready for an upgrade ... even if I have to spend a little more to get a better, more durable system. And like I said, load cell brakes would be a worthwhile plus.

Upvote 0
I've recently gone from a G27 to Fanatec CSL load cell brakes and the CSW V2.5 wheel.

It's a proper step up, well worth the money. No regrets and all.

Only thing is, I've realised how compromised I've been before so now I NEED (lol) a proper rig to put them in.

Upvote 0
Very happy with Fanatec CSL. Force feedback, feel and aesthetics are way way beyond anything the G27 could deliver. I am using the PS4 version on my PC, comes with a very high quality wheel with snapdome shifters as standard.

I am also using the Clubsport V3 pedals, which are amazing. However, I replaced my G27 pedals initially with some T3PAs and a Loadcell mod, which was excellent too, just a little less solid.

My shifter is the SHH Shifter (https://www.shiftershh.com/en/). Really good value for money, swaps between H and sequential with a twist of the lever.

There you, comes in a smidge under $1000.

I had my G27 since 2012, can't say this kit will be as bullet proof, but my times are better and it is a whole lot more fun.

Upvote 0
I had a G27 and upgraded to the T300RS and used the G27 Pedals with the adapter needed to plug the G27 pedals into the T300 wheel base...absolutely night and day performance increase over the G27 in every way...having said that, I have upgraded again to the TSXW Racer and I am extremely happy, unfortunately the pedals that come with the TSXW package are only satisfactory, so upgrading them at a later date would be necessary depending on your needs, also you would have to buy an add on Shifter as well...but in the end you will have to decide which brand / cost you want to go with...good luck with the upgrade...it will be awesome:D
My current set up below
SIM RIG 2x TSS crop.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’ve had a G27 since 2010 and it’s the only serious wheel I’ve ever had. Recently the shifter died and I’ve had pedal “flickering” for years. Instead of trying to repair, I’m just going to get a T300 alcantara edition

Upvote 0
I have owned almost every decent Logitech product from 2000. I've recently in the past 3 years went from a G29 to a CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase (CSL Elite LC) and more recently to a DD1 (Clubsport Pedals V3).

I wanted something reliable. Although, the internet likes to claim how bad Fanatec is. I haven't had any issues with my products or the support. So, with that said my recommendation is to purchase the Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 wheelbase. Skip the CSL Elite pedals and get something better.

Thrustmaster just wasn't enough of an upgrade for me. Especially if you want something more modular down the road.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing