Replace Engine Sounds

ME9Swe

I know, he thinks he's quick, but he's not
I recently downloaded the F1 1996 mod for Rfactor 2
Cars like the Forti, Minardi and Footwork have engines that sound like V10s, when really in real life they had ford and Hart V8s.

In rfactor you could just edit the veh file, so is it the same or do I need to do something else?

(by the way I have the ASR f1 1992 mod, which has a Ford V8 sound I could use in the replacing of sounds.)

The process is similar, apart from the fact that you should first unpack the mod, then in "dev mode" you can edit the loose files, and finally you package it all again. Of course you should inquire if the original authors are okay with you making such changes before you ever publish any of it.

How do you unpack the rfcmp in the devmode folder?

This little edit to the mod is for myself and myself only, so im not going to publish it anywhere

Two steps: first you simply install the rfcmp into your rF2 installation, and then you look in the "Installed" folder for that component. It will be under "Vehicles" and it probably contains a couple of mas files that you need to extract into "dev mode". In terms of naming and folders, make sure you match whatever search paths are defined in the car files and the car should load.

Sadly, I'm almost positive that changing the sounds, even for just yourself, will not allow you to use the mod online. I understand protecting models and physics for the authors, but why are sounds and cameras locked? I used to change them a lot in rF1, for my own enjoyment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back