Replace code wheel sensor :/

I recently have been having centering problems with my forza csr wheel. Nothing major, I sent
fanatec a email with a video and they have sent me a new code wheel sensor these are the instructions
they sent me

we´ll send you the parts as soon as possible.

You have to reach the screw in the top of the base behind the wheel-rim. Then you turn the base around and open the five allen screws on the bottom of the base. Now you can take off the base-cover and take a look inside.

If you can´t reach the screw, open the four screw in front of the wheel rim (see picture attached). Now you can take off the rim and open the four screws that hold the rim on the base (second picture). You don´t have to remove them completely, only that much that you can pull the rim that far, that you can reach the "tricky" screw. Then you can open the 5 allen screws from the bottom. After that you can take off the cover plate.

Now you can have a look if there is a problem with one of the two sensors which are at the “back” of the motor on a little PCB. These should be close to the little black “code wheel” and parallel to each other. Please make sure that the codewheel is clean before you put it into the wheel, dust or particles may have gotten into the wheel during transport.

What I want to know is how do i know which sensor to replace and is it hard to do?

Hi Bob

You need to ask Fanatec these questions, I would like to help more, but you should deal with them directly for warranty advice / repairs. However, I would think its a fairly easy repair, but if you are not happy to do it yourself, you should tell Fanatec this..

Cheers

Brian

Upvote 0
is there only one sensor?

theres only 1 code wheel sensor.

P9210002_zpsa5b3775d.png

only hard bit is unplugging/plugging the lead into the pcb, but if you get this far you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
Now you can have a look if there is a problem with one of the two sensors which are at the “back” of the motor on a little PCB. These should be close to the little black “code wheel” and parallel to each other. Please make sure that the codewheel is clean before you put it into the wheel, dust or particles may have gotten into the wheel during transport.

ah my wheel is the Turbo S, looks like they've added an extra sensor to the new wheels.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years