Repeats, repeats

Everytime I come to the RD forums, the first page I visit[Race 07]comes up fine. Every time I click on a sub-forum or an individual thread it repeats. It doesn't matter if I'm going to the first post in a thread or to the "latest". It's annoying to begin reading page or a post and then have it blipped away and shown again.

It only happens for RD and has nothing to do with "compatibility mode".
Win XP, IE 8.

Thanks!

Also to add: I use the "Forum Actions" to "mark forums read". Threads keep coming back highlighted as unread the next ime I'm here, sometimes with the note indicating the post was just a short while ago even though it was over a day ago!

My PC clock is set quite close to actual time!

I don't quite understand the original problem.

Also to add: I use the "Forum Actions" to "mark forums read". Threads keep coming back highlighted as unread the next ime I'm here, sometimes with the note indicating the post was just a short while ago even though it was over a day ago!

This happens if there is a poll connected to the thread, and someone voted, maybe that's it?

I use a bookmark with a search for new posts, and there's a Mark Forums Read link at the top of that page. Never fails.

These things happen all the time while I'm at RD forums. The page repeats will happen on the home page, individual forums as chosen, opening sub forums and threads. It doesn't matter whether starting to read a thread from post #1, from the last read or selecting the last post.

I visit the furums often, the polls just don't pick up that many times in between my visits. As I just noted, each and every click to a new page in the forums brings a repeat. Too bad I can't capture it with FRAPS!

When I click "mark forums read" I get sent to the main forum page, this is usually good evidence that threads have been marked. If I go right back and look at those forums I was in, the threads will all appear as read! When I go back later, some of the latest post headers will be in bold print indicating having not been read and sometimes the time indicated for the latest post in a thread will indicate a short while ago even if that last post was yesterday or even further back.

I hope that clears up some of what's happening?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%