Repair BRM-15 racecar, need help

Hello. AC is looking for a driver file called "driver_pudding" ;) as specified in the driver3d.ini file.

To fix this you can modify the file. You will find it in the ...steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\legion_brm_type_15\data folder. Open it with Notepad, select everything in it, delete it, then copy this:

[MODEL]

NAME=driver_60

POSITION=0, 0, 0

[STEER_ANIMATION]

NAME=steer.ksanim

LOCK=360

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]

BLEND_TIME=100

POSITIVE_TIME=250

STATIC_TIME=100

NEGATIVE_TIME=250

PRELOAD_RPM=8800

INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]

NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB1

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]

NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_69_SUB0

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]

NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

[HEAD_MOVEMENT]

FILTER=0.150000

MAX_G=1.500000

ROLL_MAX_DEG=-8

PITCH_MAX_DEG=-7

YAW_MAX_DEG=12

To the line above and paste it in the driver3d.ini file. Save the file and then the car will load in AC.

I haven't driven it yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so. I have another BRM Type 15 mod, but I don't remember where I got it from now. It's labelled as 1951 with 525hp, although I don't think it is '51 as it still has an external exhaust pipe. The 350hp of this mod may be an earlier stage in the engine development...? Anyway, thanks for the link to the mod, the sound and graphics are good. Shame about the solid rear axle, but modelling a DeDion is a bit problematic in AC I suppose.

For AC's purposes a dedion tube and axle are mostly interchangeable, the only material difference is the dedion tube has less unsprung weight and the torque reaction should be different (but since that's bugged on every other suspension type, nothing new)

For AC's purposes a dedion tube and axle are mostly interchangeable, the only material difference is the dedion tube has less unsprung weight and the torque reaction should be different (but since that's bugged on every other suspension type, nothing new)

That's good to know, thank you for the information. Many of the '50s and earlier racers used this type of rear suspension.

The extended physics that comes with the Custom Shader Patch has new options for torque and also progressive spring rate that are supposed to fix the bug you mention. The progressive spring rate one would be particularly useful for leaf springs as they are progressive by nature.

https://trello.com/c/mVct1Tv6/50-suspension

Thanks,
Could you publish or sent me an pm so I could do a try on your BRM model.

I've driven it and it's hideous, as I expect you know by now. It's another version of what is basically the same mod as the one I have, which drives only marginally better, but has a ridiculous black tinted aero screen (or should I say blindfold) and has worse sound. I think to my shame I actually bought the mod as part of a package called "The Ultimate Classics Mod" from the SimDream website, that's how desperate I was for vintage content. However, it seems that SimDream just rip everyone else's mods, tweak them a bit and them sell them as their own.

The Legion mod you have becomes more driveable if you knock down the damper rebounds to just one and a half or double the bump. Also ease off the front ARB. You could also try reducing the spring rates, which would require increasing the ride height. But it still won't go around corners I'm afraid. The story is the same with all the other cars in the pack I bought. I think they were all very much cut & paste physics from an ocean liner.

I'm afraid I wouldn't publish a mod that isn't mine, but trust me, you really aren't missing out on anything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%