Alright when was that again.....?

Makes sense to put all their sporting activity under one name, will miss the yellow black and white, though.
Have Alpine ever done monoposti before? Yes, they have: Francois Cevert in an alpine a280 F3 in 1967:

francois-cevert-alpine-a280-renault-brands-hatch-f3-october-1967.jpg
Beautiful

Renault achieved in 2020 the best car design in ages. The pre-season full black livery was even better, but since Mercedes opted for the same colour I think Renault did well to keep some yellow. Don't like the 2021 colours, the grid has enough blue and red liveries already.

Comparing the real performance of the car with real laptimes is clearly saying that the car was on Mercedes level, you got it.
God, there has to be something more in play than just that, for Mercedes, could be the case they optimise for clean air, thats why they sucked in traffic. Gasly was somehwat lucky to get to 1st, but it was 25 laps to the end and he managed to keep it all they way and under a pressure he never experienced before (considering he foughts for 1st). For me, that was a enough to think he deserves it. It was also satisfying to see him finish well ahead of Red Bull, a team that kicked him out (he was quite close to Albon couple races this season already) nearly a year ago.
I mean, this is exactly the stuff why we love to watch the racing, it a story, in this case a beatiful one. Look at Bottas, he has a car that should be ably to go much quicker but circoumstances and skill prevented him from doing that (in this case a blame him for the skill part a bit). Viewed stasitically, there are drivers who shine from time to time, and he seems to have the ability to get more from the same car than Kvjat and to create a significant enough differene for the result to be impressive.

Carlos Sainz for me, although Pierre deserves credit too (he won the official DOD prize). It was really great to watch the race today, unfortunate moments for the big teams brought us a fun race that kept us tied to the screen until the end. Looking forward for more races like this one.

Last edited:
It'd probably have to be Pierre Gasly for me. He kept it together under pressure. I think it was Paul di Resta that mentioned it on the broadcast that he was under huge pressure keeping a gap with Sainz, while managing the defaults inside the cockpit with his team. Hope he can get more results like these in the future.

Sainz and Stroll had great races too, another couple laps and I think Sainz might've had the win. Stroll has gotten better in the races and qualifying so I think he could have consistent podium finishes in the future too!

Renault achieved in 2020 the best car design in ages. The pre-season full black livery was even better, but since Mercedes opted for the same colour I think Renault did well to keep some yellow. Don't like the 2021 colours, the grid has enough blue and red liveries already.
The best Renault livery was the one that had the most yellow, the current one has so much black that it looks a big generic.

Makes sense with the direction De Meo is taking Renault in, and honestly, I think its an alright idea. At the moment, there is one dedicated Alpine dealer for the entirety of Australia, and most people down here have no idea what Alpine is. Therefore, it will be an important step in bringing awareness to Alpine, which in turn will help it grow to prominence. Moreover, imo, the Alpine brand has more potential to captivate audiences as opposed to Renault, which many people associate with cheap (and sometimes ****) cars. Associating the F1 team with the A110 (and future Alpine models) will definitely get more people onside.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%