Renault Scénic II phase 2 (Béta 1.0)

Hi everybody, today i decied to relase the lastest version of "my" scénic II
I mean it have a fully new exterior and interior model, with more polies ^^
It have cg shaders :
-metalic paint effect (thanks to Stereo!)
-bump mapping
And the features of new racer versions :
-Lights flares
-Lights
-Inst fuel cons display
-Gearbox velocity instead of wheels velocity (more realistic)

It's the 1.5dCi 106hp version with the TL4 six speeds manual gearbox, in dynamique trim level, with optional leather interior (easier to do lol)
The color is Rouge de Feu métalisé and it has Kubera 16" rims
btw, i relased it as beta bcz it should generate some qlog errors and i haven't taked a look at them, sorry guys

Here is a preview image (showed in pic thread ^^)
20856-post-pictures-thread-part-1-screenshot174-copie.jpg

I think i said everything ! :p
Here is the link :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20251794/renault_scenic_ii_1.5dCi_DYN.rar

Too bad it is CG.. at least for those of us who still can't use cg.. but then again.. at least we have something to look forward to :) It looks beautiful btw..

nice car thanks Skybh

I think i said everything ! :p
This car looks really good only thing is that the back wheels are not showing up ( not sure if that's my car.ini setings or the car)
the driving ( with steering wheel and pedals) is perfect handles very well and a comfortable drive around Taupo here's a screenie
well worth the download of this beta version. Waiting with anticipation for the final

Attachments

• Renault.jpg
    Renault.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 403
This car looks really good only thing is that the back wheels are not showing up ( not sure if that's my car.ini setings or the car)
the driving ( with steering wheel and pedals) is perfect handles very well and a comfortable drive around Taupo here's a screenie
well worth the download of this beta version. Waiting with anticipation for the final
I discovered not one, but two errors xD
Here is an update ;) :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20302405/renault_scenic_ii_phase_2UP.rar

The missing textures are because the texture files are in JPG format. They need to be in TGA.

From mdbobbo's post, it seems I'm not the only one with super-brightness. The one on the right here is the new one, compared to the other two which are a previous version of this car, which seem more correctly lit.

racerscenicbright.gif

View attachment 21410

Well, here's what I'm getting.

I've fixed it yet, it was wrong texture names in the .shd file ;)
Take this :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20393095/maj_scenic.rar
The missing textures are because the texture files are in JPG format. They need to be in TGA.

From mdbobbo's post, it seems I'm not the only one with super-brightness. The one on the right here is the new one, compared to the other two which are a previous version of this car, which seem more correctly lit.

racerscenicbright.gif

This is from the track, not the car, just change the time of day in the track and you'll see ;)
Btw, for the guys who haven't download the car yet
Take this :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20393237/renault_scenic_ii_1.5dci_dyn.rar

Fifty,
.jpg images work in racer nearly as well as .tga's especially if they are not compressed. The .tga images need to be used for the alpha channel they have that gives transparency. I use a lot of .jpg's as they are usually smaller files than .tga's.

• Tiberius

Hi. It's definitely not finding the shader, so either you're playing in LDR or you've got the shader in the wrong place (should be data/renderer/shaders_hdr, anywhere else it won't work).

Skybh: you know you can change file paths when you link shaders, like you can in regular programming, right? So by changing the code after the #include paths, you can keep the shaders in your car's folder but link to Racer's default ones. something like:

#include "../../../renderer/shaders_hdr/atmosphere.cg"

Each set of ../ will take it up one folder, this is for a shader I have in my data/cars/my_car/cg folder.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%