Renault officially confirm F1 return in 2016

I had a quick look and found a nice comparison.

Do you remember Max Chilton the pay driver who was being bashed for being unsuccessful and taking up an F1 spot?

Lets have a look
Carmen Jorda 10 year career mostly in F3 type cars:
0 wins, 0 Pole Positons, 0 Fastest Laps, 5 Podiums

Max Chilton 10 year career incl. 2 years in a Marussia which can't win anything:
11 wins, 18 pole positions, 5 Fastest Laps and an astonishing 38 podiums.

I mean Max Chilton sounds like the next Schumacher compared to her.

• Deleted member 161052

Jolyon will completely outrace Maldonado every race.

A unbranded Renault engine like Supertec and Mecachrome?

I'm sure you know this, but Mecachrome had the responsibility to assemble the Renault-Engines when Renault was in F1 in the 80's, 90's and 00's.

So when Renault pulled out after 97, Mecachrome still supplied the 97 engines, which for 1999 and 2000 was rebranded Supertec, but they where the exact same engines as the Mecachromes in 98, and Renault in 97.
To make it even more easy to follow, the engined that Benetton used, the "Playlife' engine, was rebadged Supertecs!

With Renault returning in 01, all that stopped. In retrospect, I am sure that it would've been better for Asiatech to buy that engine instead of the old Peugeot F1 engines as well...

V23M52f.jpg
The white area makes all the difference, not just yellow, black details on red.

But mate that should work in Hollywood not the F1 pit lane. Least not in the actual garage.
Someone is smitten enough to pay her bills, might be a family member or a suitor but it makes the team look so stupid.
I was being sarcastic and sexist and various ist's she should not be anywhere near a F1 car. I hope Renault will start their young driver program again and promote some young drivers who maybe have not got loads of cash but a bit of talent.

good to see renault back - bring the french gp back with them too, please.
but, not sure how it works but seems very unlikely lotus will be back in f1 for a long time, if ever :(
that's not good, lotus is racing history. assetto corsa will also be very upset about the news that they are gone.

Makes you wonder how the Arrows team of the 2000s with Jos Da Boss would always top the speed traps at Monza with Asiatec engines or whatever, they must have had some genius chassis designer.

Slick car, low downforce (a bit like Force India in 09), a pretty big change in philosophy for Arrows, seeing how they was better on high downforce tracks, than low downforce tracks in 97 and 98 (in 99 they were just bad overall, with an evolution of the already slow 98 car and a very underfunded Hart engine)

It also shows how badly managed Arrows were the last few years, Asiatech provided engines for free for 2001, still they managed to struggle that year, and go bankrupt in 2002. It was with the Supertec engine in 2000 they were high on the speed traps, and the barely upgraded x-Renault engine still was very, as it was arguably the best engine in 97, and quite possibly only worse than Ferrari and Merc in 2000.

So they are going to essentially re-badge a Renault unit and call it a Tag? So what happens when this "Tag" constantly breaks down as it has done for a couple of years? How are Tag Heur going to feel about that with commentators saying that the Tag has blown a knacker again.

Maldonado won races and championships in Renault Series (Italian Renault Championship, FR 3.5, GP2), he was in the rf1 driver programme, and the only race he won in F1 with Renault Engine... if renault want a ``fast´´ driver with renault history he is the men

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%