Renault / Nissan Chairman Ghosn Arrested

Perhaps he has done wrong. We will see. Claims are not facts: facts are facts. It wouldn't be surprising if this is true, but we don't know yet. Give the man a break. It could be you.

Like I said, I do want to remind everyone that perhaps soon, you will be the one that is going to prison, as well, if you support this kind of public justice. After all, you get what you ask for. :thumbsup:

when you're arrested you start that process.... if the guy is innocent then he'll be free againg, if not, condenated to X number of years in prission
What he means is that the process of him getting fired is being made as soon as he is arrested and questioned while the CEO says how he regrets having him on power. Which i agree, sounds way too fishy. Yet at the same time, the police aren't gonna arrest someone if they dont have a REASON to suspect of him. But if he ends up being innocent and his position is not re-instated, it gives me a reason to believe that the "whistleblower" and the CEO were working together to **** with this guy.

Then again, its not like i have any say in the matter.

In Japan, it matters a lot who is responsible. Nissan has been going under recently. Just a reminder.

Let's see the big picture first before we say too much.

Be corrupt in Japan is not a good idea, and never was.
Corruption is endemic in Japan, just part of doing business. Never could understand why Renault were in bed with Nissan myself. Those of us with long memories recall the Lockheed Tr-Star scandal, it went right to the very top of Japans government. And more recently we have their so-called 'Whale Research' program.
At this point 'allegations raised by a whistle-blower within the organisation' means SFA, nothing is proven, simply alleged and that by a source that might well be unreliable.

It looks like adult people on a forum in 2018 still feel the need to start typing without comprehending a full sentence in English. Nissan has been digging into this matter - hint: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - for the last few months and has concluded that both Ghosn and Kelly have been at it for some years; it's not a supposition at this stage, nor a wild allegation leaked to the press. This is an official statement from the company following an internal inquiry. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I will not make any personnal comments .
I could be banned from the forum for life, which of course I don't want. :D

I am just surprised that such news come on first page. I don't consider myself such a person very interesting for people like us sharing a passion for racing in general.

It looks like adult people on a forum in 2018 still feel the need to start typing without comprehending a full sentence in English. Nissan have been digging into this matter - hint: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - for the last months and has concluded that both Ghosn and Kelly have been at it for some years; it's not a supposition at this stage, nor a wild allegation leaked to the press. This is an official statement from the company following an internal inquiry. :rolleyes::thumbsup:
Yeah, you are right. There is however still no clear had evidence to support any claims other than what the "victim party" here claims. Perhaps we should wait for the external investigations to conclude. Or are you implying that it's not possible to suddenly make a bunch of "evidence" appear out of nowhere when you don't like someone and want to get rid of them?

Like I said before, it's not a big surprise, but let's not get the pitchforks out just yet. No one here understands Nissan's internal politics and whatnot. I think it's unjust to get angry over something that is still under investigation. Consider if it was yourself, and you were being prosecuted unjustly.

PS: I'm not taking their side or anything. I barely know the people in question. In fact first time hearing of this Kelly.

Whatever the deal, that's a nice suit Carlos. Just a couple quick questions...Who did you upset? Someone get jealous? Get a little power drunk? Hope it works out, but man that's a nice suit.

I agree with the two comments above, this is neither the simracing website frontpage news nor the style of gonzo headline i expected.

But then money corrupts, it just shows that . . .
But he is the main man responsble for Renault returning back in F1. In which this site also writes about ;).

But agreed, not that really relevant for frontpage RD.

That said, when I heard the news my first thought was: “so not only bankers breaking the law...”

I will not make any personnal comments .
I could be banned from the forum for life, which of course I don't want. :D

I am just surprised that such news come on first page. I don't consider myself such a person very interesting for people like us sharing a passion for racing in general.
I agree with the two comments above, this is neither the simracing website frontpage news nor the style of gonzo headline i expected.

But then money corrupts, it just shows that . . .
I hope RD is not gonna turn into main stream media site when posting this kind of news.
Well, I found it interesting, and if RD didn't post it, well, then I wouldn't know what a nice frikin suit looks like, and now I know.
Besides, he is a prominent figure in the car world and I appreciate the article. Why not, there can't be news everyday about sim racing that is as interesting. If Kunos, Reiza, Studio 397, SMS have something to say or offer than yes, it would trump this article. (for me)

Overpaid person decided he didn't get enough so he creamed off funds.

Yeah, never seen that before, seems to be a common thing among those kinds of people. Like some hidden perk you got to have to even qualify for these "positions".

Sure if it's proven, it's a huge and stupid mistake (in his position), but at those levels everything is very political, so I'll wait the conclusions before "judging".
What's proven is that he is a very talented CEO that saved Nissan as well as Renault...

Last edited:
It has been mentioned in the Business Section of our national broadcaster that share prices in both Nissan and Mitsubishi have crashed, not just fallen but 'crashed'.
:confused:

Corruption is endemic in Japan, just part of doing business. Never could understand why Renault were in bed with Nissan myself. Those of us with long memories recall the Lockheed Tr-Star scandal, it went right to the very top of Japans government. And more recently we have their so-called 'Whale Research' program.
At this point 'allegations raised by a whistle-blower within the organisation' means SFA, nothing is proven, simply alleged and that by a source that might well be unreliable.
Don't know Japan but what start Renault and Nissan collaboration is that Renault saved Nissan from debt in 1999. Nissan had about 4 billion dollars debt. Nissan and Toyata were fighting at this time. Renault bought 37% of Nissan and paid the bill. Now Renault owns 46% of Nissan.

Ghosn is a high level ingineer formed at "Polytechnic" which was the highest ingineer school in France (now all ingineer schools are borked) at this time.
He was in charge of Nissan when Renault took the control of Nissan and of course he is the man who restructured and saved Nissan.
He always looked like a good man to me.
The french minister of budget said that the french gvnmt asked to check Mr Ghosn fiscal situation in France and all is in order.

So don't make a judgment so fast...Wait until we know what's happen here.

Last edited:
The french minister of budget said that the french gvnmt asked to check Mr Ghosn fiscal situation in France and all is in order.

you really made me laugh ^^
nissan who has investigate for months but the french gourvement (I'm french it myself) as Zorro investigated and declared his confidence in ghosn in 24 ...
very important financial packages would have been the subject of a 24h investigation by my government when months and sometimes years are normally necessary?
who are we laughing at over and over again?
our president was there a week ago with a big smile next to this gentleman then normal that our government does not want to lose even more credibility ...
decidedly, it's not with mr. ghosn and other champion of the tax swindle that we will recover the 100 billion euros of tax exile that is missing in our country ...
and during this time we still increase the price of gasoline to "fill the deficits"

i'm really really sick for Renault workers :-(

sorry for the passage "political" but it was stronger than me and I stop for this subject which is as much of the world of the automobile as of the political world

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 173 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%