rF2 Renault Megane Trophy @ Searspoint - Saturday April 7th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I guess it must be a bug then. I sat on the grid for a while and so I escaped back to the monotor and the guys were on their 4th lap and I could not join in of course. I guess I must have been in another dimension, Spooky :eek:

Thanx guys! Had a nice time. :)

I did much test work and was not able to get into the 1:33's at all and when I watched othes go round and saw they used same gearing, so they need to have more traction.
Claes gave me his setup and I was directly 1 second quicker than I ever was. Thanx man! :)

In qualy came in 4th (can't remember the time). Had a terrible start and lost my spot to Paul. Peter had his disconnect, really too bad. I was driving now in 5th. And a lot of trouble going thru the first corner on the hill top. Paul had aswell and after a couple of laps I could pass him there. He had to pit extra for repairs.
I drove my laps with small mistakes here and there, but could keep my car in one piece and did my pitstop in lap13 or 15. Came back after I was lapped and drove my laps to the finish...in 4th...
The funny thing that my fastest lap (1:33.007) was the last lap and my in lap was even faster, but that isn't timed anymore :D
I know now which lines to drive, but if I can do the alien times 1:27~1:30 is very doubtfull. :)

Thanx again guys for the fun! :) See you next week driving the first round of the league here. Happy Eastern!

Interesting about the car set up. I had a play around during the week, but nothing I did really improved my times. I noticed that my inner tyre temps were very high, so I took some of the negative camber off. It evened the tyre temps a little bit, but didn't really improve any grip or times so I put it back. I also tried closing the brake duct, this might have given me an extra 1-2 mph, but not much. I also tried lowering the ride height a bit, but again was really un-noticeable. The one thing that really did have an impact was rear downforce. I could lower the rear downforce and get a quicker time, but the car was quite unstable in the fast turns and I was very incosistant.

One of the main things I did learn whilst testing is the track surface. It seems to me that it's very important to get quite a bit of rubber down before starting to adjust your car settings. Personally I would recommend at least 30-40 laps, before the track is anywhere near where it will be come race day.

Also seems apparent that a long fuel run is required during testing, to make sure the fuel guage doesn't tell lies, lol. ;)

Paul sorry, I meant having a joke. My skin design is really not that good It's my first attempt and I see others have much better designs. I can see now how the skins showed up on my machine and wouldn't have been visible to anyone else. No way did I mean anything bad. I do have a very dry sense of humour and dig myself some pretty deep holes at times.

The other thing is that what happens when we install the skin pack? I guess Marco will sort that out.

No worries Peter, I think that when Marco is finished we will see ALL of the different skins that have been made, we will need to choose our own skin from them when we join the server :)

At this moment, there is a problem with the dedicated server, which ISI has to address first. When they release a new update, I assume it will be fixed, so we can start using the skinpack again.

If I set the server up with the skin pack now, it lets you choose a car from ALL installed cars instead of the skinpack alone. Strange, and ISI does not have an answer to that yet. We have to wait and see.

Good to read you all had fun again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back