rF2 Renault Megane @ Mills Metro Park - Friday January 13, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Lots of invisible cars to me, I can't even remember what happened - I got pushed off t1, ended up near the back, then disaster at t3 next lap or maybe lap 3, not sure. Spun off but came across track as I reached for my KB and knocked it away, as caused a small accident.

Race seemed very leggy; and lots of cars not visible to me, some shadows and lights but that's it

Yeah, ISI has a lot of work to do... I was chasing a car from behind, like a second behind, and suddenly I hitted him, I was the only one affected, jumped over the sky in a weird way and ended in the pits again, engine failed and race over to me. Also had an incident in the straight with a guy, who rammed into me dunno why...

Hope to be better next time :(
Yeah, that was me that you hit. I didn't think that you were even close to begin with, but all of a sudden you hit me. Something is wrong with this game, that is for sure. I know it is a beta, so I'm not complaining nor disappointed, but still.

I had problems with frame rates, lag, some weird lag slowing me down (sync issues?) making everyone drive straight through or past and making me miss corners. Too bad, I was looking forward to a nice rF2 race. Thanks for all the effort, anyway. :)

A wee bit messy, but no biggie. First race with a beta. Lagged out at one stage and the car jumped right up the straight into Wayne Morgan. Sorry Wayne, just a random spike, wrong place at the wrong time :( Sorry.

Yeah, that was me that you hit. I didn't think that you were even close to begin with, but all of a sudden you hit me. Something is wrong with this game, that is for sure. I know it is a beta, so I'm not complaining nor disappointed, but still.

I had problems with frame rates, lag, some weird lag slowing me down (sync issues?) making everyone drive straight through or past and making me miss corners. Too bad, I was looking forward to a nice rF2 race. Thanks for all the effort, anyway. :)

No probs Emil :) , indeed there's a problem with the FPS, in the straight its a lotto!

And thanks SimRace.TV for the broadcast! :)

This race was terrible.
Qualifyed well, but then in the first corner there was mayhem and I took suspension damage. Occasionally had HUGE lags, had some good fights but also some spins and eventually I had massive lags again, I quit because I was only a danger for the other drivers.

Race ruined at turn 1 lap 1, got punted out, and was last.

Made too many mistakes a bit later on the race by spinning off and getting collected by other cars...wrong place wrong time for spinning off. 4 pit stops I think, lots of time in the pits repairing damage.

I tried to get out the way of faster cars, but at some places on this track, you really have to be patient and wait for the car in front to give way. Some of the leaders were expecting slower cars to simply disappear as soon they get within a couple of seconds. Or simply try to barge their way through.

Not a great start for the first rf2 broadcast.

Okay start after narrowing missing the t1 carnage gaining some places from the back of the grid. Then someone spun coming out of the last corner across the track, nothing they could do and I went straight into them and got damage!

Tried to continue driving, but had to pit because of the car pulling to the left. Then the leaders started lapping, and that's where it got confusing! lol

Coming from race07, I'm used to seeing the drivers position along with their names, makes it easier to know I'm being lapped, and not just relying on the blue flag.

Does rfactor not have that feature? confused me no end, and lost concentration and couldn't get back into it fully and ended up going out with damage :(

Well done to the front runners and the winner Okan :cool:

Experienced quite a few issues in Practice and Quali with the game going into slow-motion and the small screen freezes when ever anyone one joined the server. In Quali, the slow-motion was terrible at one point and I just kept going off.

In the race I was expecting it to be bad on the line but it ran nicely. Avoided the carnage at turn 1 and was up to 6th from 11th. Ran there until later in the lap when I went off. Tried to slow it down before the next corner and thought I did but the game went into slow-motion instead, meaning I was going too fast and hit someone (apologies to whoever that was, hope it didn't affect you too much). When I got going again I was near the back. Had to avoid someone who was sideways on the grid hatchings then the two cars infront collided and I had nowhere to go. Took some damage and lost a load more places before being caught out by the damage and went of in the fast left. Major damage now so had to pit. 2 minutes 45 seconds later I came out and just plodded around. At times it was almost impossible to drive but somehow I made it to the finish in P10. :)

I was on teamspeak with Lee during the event and he seemed to be getting the slow-motion issues at the exact same time as me so I think there might be issues with that on the server side of the game than the client.

Thanks Bram, SimRace TV and all those who raced. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back