rF2 Renault Megane @ Malaysia - Wednesday January 25, 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Connection lost again! This is starting to get irratating

Ok start and then into T3 lap 2 was taken out. I had the clean line as whoever it was had gone wide onto the grass, i took the racing line and was hit by the car coming back on the grass Then had a brilliant battle coming back through the field and got to Nicolae Marius, what great driving by you, superb defensive driving and really enjoyed that battle. Pitted but got a drive through afterwards for speeding in the pitlane. Did that drivethrough next lap and then went to hunt Andy down, got to within a second i think then connection dropped. Gutted

Lee, the guy whoever it was, was just next to you and you moved onto him while not being fully clear yet. Can't see his fault there really as he was on the racing line not on the grass. I had a nice view of the incident.

Anyway, made my race alittle more interesting by letting the guys repass me and locking up into the corners, don't think they liked it though :p. An interesting incident occured before the pitstops when I was behind Pedersen. While slipstreaming and getting pretty close I was randomly thrown into the barrier on the start/finish straight. After that I rolled backwards to the 1st corner, where I continued the rest of my race with a broken suspension. Thought the race would be alittle more interesting as Pedersen was about 10 seconds ahead at this point, but something happened to him in the pits.

Well this is my first ever sim and that was my first ever race online and it's a big learning curve than just doing laps.

I was pleased with my qualifying time of 1.04 that put me 7th. Had an awful start and fell down the grid i think to about 9th or 10th. Managed to make a place up but on the last corner on zbou the 4th or 5th lap not first i binned it into the wall while trying to hard. Damage to steering so that was off. Stuck at it until i pit which was lap 10-12. Pit was over a minute so that left me lapped. Managed to end up 9th though so wasn't too bad.

More importantly i dont think i hit anyone or got in anyones way so hopefully not annoyed anyone. if i did get in the way i apologise as i was trying to get out of the way of those who lapped me.

Anyway it was an enjoyable experience, im sweating and hopefully sticking at it i look forward to more races.

Lee, the guy whoever it was, was just next to you and you moved onto him while not being fully clear yet. Can't see his fault there really as he was on the racing line not on the grass. I had a nice view of the incident.

Anyway, made my race alittle more interesting by letting the guys repass me and locking up into the corners, don't think they liked it though :p. An interesting incident occured before the pitstops when I was behind Pedersen. While slipstreaming and getting pretty close I was randomly thrown into the barrier on the start/finish straight. After that I rolled backwards to the 1st corner, where I continued the rest of my race with a broken suspension. Thought the race would be alittle more interesting as Pedersen was about 10 seconds ahead at this point, but something happened to him in the pits.
Yeah your right, i just watched back the start, from my cockpit, he looked to have gone severly wide and did but not on the grass.

These disconnections are a concern for me, it reminds me alot of GTR Evolution and it's flakey system, hopefully it's because of the beta status

My first rF2 race and I was pretty pleased with my lap times. Not so pleased with my consistency, I had about 5 incidents overall, I felt like I was in a groove but the car would suddenly catch me out.

Thanks to all for a fun race anyway.

i have miss the start of race and i 3 or 4 cars overtake me , after that ... in corner4 i have change in R gear and i have lose all position ....then i was push hard to catch the guys from behind. In last 15 min ..or 10 from the race i was going to pit....but i miss entrance :) ...and crash my car and i was take a penalty for speed limit in pit...:) wow ...and i have finish this race with 0 l fuel on board and i have take 3 place . Nice fight there with Ross :).
P.S. i just drive with 1 leg ...because my left leg is broken :)
See you all in the track !

Good race lads, started at the back and finished 7th. Still getting used to driving online with such fast drivers, so my goal is to finish clean races. Has some close(ish) racing, but didn't put up much of a fight to avoid incidents. Need more practice and races to find that extra pace.

Ivar you are too quick fella! :cool: share your setup :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years