rF2 Renault Mègane @ Poznan - Tuesday July 9th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys but im out too, im just too tired. This silly weather takes it out of me at work and i just want to chill, i might pop in and watch if no-one minds?

gutting.
qualifying: was tight throughout the field.small track, high standard of times.
sadly, my best lap was ruined when i had to overtake a spinning car...who proceeded to ruin my next lap by trying to race me into the first corner...but hey ho, just a friendly race (i just don't comprehend why people don't try to leave a couple of seconds gap before a hotlap).

race

terrible start. but kept a gap and let people spin first. a good tactic for a midfield runner (lol).
unless...you spin out yourself like i did. anyway, got going again, only 6 seconds then 5 seconds behind ian, calum and the gang (must have all been bunched up) and was happy with my pace...only for all cars to disappear and my connection lost.
i had the wire in and still disconnected. only ever on the rfactor 2 server. gutting.
this was going to be a great race! not sure what the answer is.
if i do the 6 hour silverstone and that happened after 5 hours +, I would be throwing the pc out the window!

Hope you all enjoyed. nice to see a decent grid on a tuesday of all days!

Just joined with 5min to go in qualy and got into P10 without any setup or testing.
As ever I did a brilliant start and I was in P6 before the airpin. On the exit I had a bit too much throttle, had half a spin and someone collected me. After that I was chasing Matt and had a good chance into the Hairpin and I am always good on the brakes. I was already side by side when he went very tight into the corner. I think he wanted to avoid the car in front, which was way to slow. We touched two times at the hairpin and I had more damage than before.

After that I chased the field and overtook one car and was following Nick Deely who was more of than on the track in S3. When I was getting close he was again way offroad and collected me.

Shortly after that I left, but was fun anyway.

Work was slow today so i decided to take a half day vacation so i could be sure to make this race.I'm glad i did cause it was one of the scrappiest races i have had yet.These rf2 races just get better and more competitive it seems.

Qualify was ok as i just barley got fifth position.Start was not great i was sluggish of the line.Going into turn 1 had some incidental contact and spun witch caused more trouble.Got underway in second to last place far back off the front runners.Put on a good pace and started picking guys off one at a time.A little more incidental contact with Frederic witch he got the worst of unfortunately.Another incident in turn 1 witch i take the blame for cause i got in very aggressive and hadn't quite cleared Tapio and we had a little contact for witch i spun and he more less kept control.He slowed up and let me catch back up a bit witch was a real classy thing to do since he was not obligated to do so.Tapio and i had a great battle the rest of the way for fifth position trading spots twice before the end.I really thought i was going to run out of fuel but no way was i letting up lol.Took a chance racing hard to the end but made it with 0.2 gallons of fuel left and some pretty beat up tires.:)

Quali ( 7)

My first race on RD, and first time I drive the Megane, and I was discovering the track. If I remember well, 7th on the grid, less than 1 sec behind the leader, so I Thought I could have a nice race.

Race (10)

Good start, P4 then P5 for a few laps (almost ten laps) . I was surprised to keep stable the gap with leaders but later I understood why ... My tires were totally dead because I push too hard, and in the eleven / twelve I lost all the advance with the 6th. I'm starting on this game, and there's a lot of work to do in order to save tires. I missjudged the fuel quantity so I had to stop one time, and change tires too. I lost a lot of positions, then did what I could in order to have, at least, one fight for the 9th position, but the gap was too high.

Well amazing job to all. Do the whole race with the same set of tires killed me ^^

Good experience tho. The race start was a bit late, that's the only bad thing I noticed but it might be difficult to fix a perfect time due to people's locations.

The good thing is I made no contact during the race and just one mistake, and I blocked nobody during the freepractice or qualif, which is a good point for a first race hehe.

Too many leavers tho. we were only ten left when half race passed.

See you soon ;)

Q wasn t as good as i expected but 3rd place wasn t bad.
The inside row had a good start i fell back to 4th before the 1st turn, but Davy went wild before the exit and i get back into 3rd quickly. Then 4 of us went around for long without anyone trying to overtake the other. Looked like "massive" tire and fuel saving :)
I never did that before in any sim so i was hoping i ll succeed, and can finish the race without pitstop.
It went well, and when Aleksi and Paul got into a little fight i was in the right position just when Paul made his only mistake and passed him. Got a little more comfort when Paul and Davy had a collision.
Then came the 10min mark, which i read it as 1min, and for a lap, i tortured my tires desperetaly to have atleast an attempt to overtake Aleksi :) Didn t work, and it also didn t help me at the end of the race.
Atleast the fuel was enough for the race.
Grats Aleksi and Davy, who i think would beat us without his accident! :)
Good race!

He slowed up and let me catch back up a bit witch was a real classy thing to do since he was not obligated to do so.Tapio and i had a great battle the rest of the way for fifth position trading spots twice before the end.I really thought i was going to run out of fuel but no way was i letting up lol.Took a chance racing hard to the end but made it with 0.2 gallons of fuel left and some pretty beat up tires.:)
It's always more fun to battle with someone than drive alone so I waited you since there was no one close to us ahead or behind. It's a club race afterall so it doesn't matter if I'm 5th or 6th at finish as long as the racing is fun, which it was!
Nice battling with Ian at the start and with Matt in the end :thumbsup:
Thanks all and see you again tonight! ;)

gutting.
only for all cars to disappear and my connection lost.
i had the wire in and still disconnected. only ever on the rfactor 2 server. gutting.
this was going to be a great race! not sure what the answer is.
if i do the 6 hour silverstone and that happened after 5 hours +, I would be throwing the pc out the window!

That is very annoying indeed. I had 2 connections lost during practice, I put in a internetcable instead of WIFI and that helped for me. What I normally do before an big event, is reset my internet before I go online, that way I never had an internet connection los before. (could also be just good luck, as I don't know what causes the connection loss;))
Perhaps that will help you too.

That was a fun race:)

Did my practice only at full fuel so had no idea where I would end up with qualy, which happend to be sixth I believe, so I was happy with qualy as I didn't had any idea what my position would be.

Had a slow start, but by staying on the inside I managed not to loos to many positions and I think I was in seventh place, as I collected Frederic who spon his car in front of me:D
Had small damage which wasn't really noticable and I only lost 2 positions in that situation, had after that a few laps good fights, in front of me and in my back. I was trying to overtake someone in front of me, which defended his position very well which made the car behind me attack me as we were losing time in our battle, really fun!:)
Too bad I spoiled my fun by spinning of the track by a fault of myself, hit a barrier and was in last position:rolleyes: Now I could chase Jordy so still had a fight on my hand and could keep the fun up:thumbsup:

Looking forward to be racing you guys again in the next race!

Started from 2nd place and got a good start. Got up to first place which held to the end of the race. It wasn't easy driving the whole race with someone right on your tail. I don't know if it was tire saving or my good pace or both but there wasn't a single attempt to overtake me in the whole race. I noticed my fuel getting very low at 3 minute mark but there was little to be done. I did what I could and ran out of fuel in the last corner. Quickly pushed clutch and let it slide to the victory!

Once again it was very fun. Thank you all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%