rF2 Renault Clio @ Croft - Wednesday 12th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Third time asking, why aren't you using the All tracks&vehicles-rfm? Less hassle to download a new mod for every track, as twice it has got me and others into problems trying to start the game/mod.
Magnus,
Since rfactor2, the AllCarsAndTracks option as it was available in rfactor1 is gone. That means that the dedicated server is no longer able to host any car on any track, without a mod to do so.

So, we had 2 options.
Make 1 mod, which contains all cars and all tracks. This means that if you want to race online with RD, you need to have all the cars and tracks installed which are released. As there are also crapy tracks (Watkins for instance), we did not want to do that. Also, for each update on a track or car, the mod has to be renewed, which makes a LOT of updates.

Other option is make a mod for each race.
This makes that if you want to race, you need to have only the content which is used installed.
We prefer this, as it's a more flexible way of hosting.

Let me get 1 thing straight, I prefer to have the All cars and tracks option back in the Dediserver, but ISI just does not want to do that. That means we are forced to make a choice here.

Great race as always. Just a pity that me and Magnus Dahlgren touched in the beginning laps.

I had cold tires and had a problem with the brake settings since I had set them differently for F2 and were not working well with the Clio so Magnus reached me, I did a small mistake, he took the opportunity and we touched.

Oh well, it was a great race from there onwards, nice battle with Magnus. It's hard to overtake at Croft, but fortunately he went a bit wide and I passed : )-

And a well done for Eddie for winning the race ;)

Had a fun race for a couple of laps. When I passed Matt on the main straight we had contact going into the first corner causing me to make a 220 second pitstop as a my left rear suspension failed (the place I got hit). My race speed was okay, but with 3 laps back not much fun. Hopefully next race more luck. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back